Options

Help me. I'm colorblind...literally

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited May 30, 2012 in People
So, I made these images of my lovely wife yesterday evening. I'm not going to lie, I went through and processed all of them too quickly and a photog friend on facebook, whom I trust, called me out on some greenness in my baby mama. I have dichromacy, which is a kind of colorblindness and while it usually doesn't hinder me, I think it's keeping me from seeing this supposed greenness. Can you help me pick out the bad images? Thanks!!

IMG6766-M.jpg

IMG6903-M.jpg

IMG6862-M.jpg

IMG6833-M.jpg

IMG6845-M.jpg

IMG6888-M.jpg

IMG6917-M.jpg

IMG6873-M.jpg

IMG6924-M.jpg

IMG6936-M.jpg

IMG6967-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Very nice set of pics!

I'm no expert, but they seem fine to me, except for #6, which seems to leaning a bit much into the green hue.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2012
    aj986s wrote: »
    Very nice set of pics!

I'm no expert, but they seem fine to me, except for #6, which seems to leaning a bit much into the green hue.

Good to know! Thank you, AJ, I'll have a look at that one as soon as I escape the prison that is work.

Also, I like your avatar. Just out of curiosity, do you do a lot of auto shoots? This is just a random shot in the dark, but if you do happen to, would you mind a PM? I have a shoot coming up with a group of BMW enthusiasts, and I'd like to get some tips/tricks!
  • Options
    hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    #9 is quite green too. Beautiful photos!
  • Options
    LubinskiLubinski Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    6 & 9 have the most green. Excellent pictures though.
    ~Lubinski
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    +1
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2012
    hamster wrote: »
    #9 is quite green too. Beautiful photos!
    Lubinski wrote: »
    6 & 9 have the most green. Excellent pictures though.

Good lookin' out! Thanks...I'll have to rework those soonest.
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    +1

Thank you!
  • Options
    wave01wave01 Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    except for 6 they look ok on my screen
  • Options
    OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    To me only #6 and #9 have color problems.
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2012
    Well I'm glad I'm not too crazy! I can see a tonal difference, and while it looks fine to me, it's good to know that I can count on DGrin for some serious consistency in opinion on this matter haha. Can't wait to get home, fix these, repost, and fill my life with shameless internet praise hahaha.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Ditto on 6 & 9. Rest are fine.
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2012
    IMG6888-L.jpg

IMG6924-L.jpg

Fixed?! :D
  • Options
    OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Yes! Much better!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Here's a thought.....................since you are color blind, how about making sure you take a photo with a gray card under each different lighting you may encounter.

Yes, more work but you could then use the WB eye dropper and should get the WB correct automatically.

Sam
  • Options
    aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2012
    Quincy T wrote: »
    Good to know! Thank you, AJ, I'll have a look at that one as soon as I escape the prison that is work.

Also, I like your avatar. Just out of curiosity, do you do a lot of auto shoots? This is just a random shot in the dark, but if you do happen to, would you mind a PM? I have a shoot coming up with a group of BMW enthusiasts, and I'd like to get some tips/tricks!

Thanks! Actually, the red 944 in the avatar is me, as taken by my wife at VIR's Oak Tree corner. I'm strictly a hobbyist, but love to take pictures at car events, especially when I'm participating. Many such galleries on my smugmug link in my signature.

I'll try to send you a PM later today with some of my thoughts/comments. But others here do a much better job with "formal" shoots of cars.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2012
    I guess i'm the only one who liked the "green" versions... :|
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2012
    Sam wrote: »
    Here's a thought.....................since you are color blind, how about making sure you take a photo with a gray card under each different lighting you may encounter.

Yes, more work but you could then use the WB eye dropper and should get the WB correct automatically.

Sam

This is a really good idea.
    aj986s wrote: »
    Thanks! Actually, the red 944 in the avatar is me, as taken by my wife at VIR's Oak Tree corner. I'm strictly a hobbyist, but love to take pictures at car events, especially when I'm participating. Many such galleries on my smugmug link in my signature.

I'll try to send you a PM later today with some of my thoughts/comments. But others here do a much better job with "formal" shoots of cars.

That'd be great. I'll be shooting with a group of BMW M3 enthusiasts here in Tampa after a friend who is involved with the group turned me onto it...I'd love to get any tips. I'd also love to get 10-22, but that's less likely to happen.
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2012
    Sorry for the late bump, but I should have also asked for any and all critique as well...not just whether or not they're green haha. Since it will probably be a while before I have a model this lovely again, and time to get out there and shoot with one, I beseech you in my humility to tear these images apart and tell me what's up.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2012
    6 10.
    Try bringing the exposures up, that may clean up your skin tones.
    I think 7 is my favorite of these. Looks like she is really enjoying the photo shoot.