Options

Call for photos with display artifacts

13»

Comments

• Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    Baldy wrote:
    Y'know... That's the way it should be, seems to me, but it's not what I'm seeing in actual photos. Maybe it's just me but doesn't this one that went RAW => 1:1 chroma subsampling

51895799-Ti.jpg

Look better than this one, which went RAW => 2:1 using the camera superfine setting on a 20D?

51895805-Ti.jpg

(Those are original pixels you're seeing, no resizing or sharpening or anything like that on the JPEG.

Maybe I'm missing the specific facet of the images you're actually asking about, but to my eyes the first image looks rather horid actually. If it was film I'd have said it was developed too fast in too hot of solution and the grain could be picked up with tweasers. It just looks unacceptably grainy, especially in comparison with the second image.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    More artifacting
    I just thought I should let you guys know, I'm in the comp lab at my school using what appears to be a 17 (maybe 19) inch dell LCD and this photo is artifact city. http://davidson.smugmug.com/gallery/1126503/1/52540400 legs arms where the jersey meets the body, just everywhere.
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    Actually, every photo in every gallery is artifact city (more like artifact nation actually) on this monitor. Admin rules won't let me pull up to see the res of the monitor though.
  • Options
    luke_churchluke_church Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2006
    Actually, every photo in every gallery is artifact city (more like artifact nation actually) on this monitor. Admin rules won't let me pull up to see the res of the monitor though.

For what it's worth I believe that Dell use 1280b1024 on both their 17 and 19 inch TFT displays.

Luke