Options

Radioactive

CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
edited May 23, 2012 in People
This is my little mother who recently had a brain tumor zapped with radiation... I live in Southern Utah where we had an incredible view of the recent solar eclipse... When she popped on the glasses I just had to have this shot... I thought it fitting to use heavy PP to illustrate both events.
I grew up in Las Vegas & as a kid I experienced a lot of nuclear tests & saw many photos of people wearing glasses & in a very similar pose... I thought it all uncanny.

Radioactive.jpg
I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
www.iWasThereToo.com

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Nice shot and what a neat lady to do a B&W character study with some hard sidelight......results will be WOW!
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Great shot. The heavy PS works brilliantly. Hope your mother is doing well. Did she like the photo?
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2012
    Thanks guys... I quickly whipped this one up Hack... but like the idea of B & W... Maybe I'll give it a go...

Goth... Unfortunately mom is terminal... She has weeks to maybe a couple months at best... Thank you for your thoughts...
    Did she like the photo... Ummm... Yes & well... "why didn't you fix my wrinkles like you normally do, you brat"... Haha
    Best part was... she got why I made it look like I did...

I haven't mentioned my new 5d III... what an awesome instrument of terror ...lol.
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com