Options

Sisters

lzfotolzfoto Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited May 25, 2012 in People
A few weeks I photographed my neices at a local college arboretum. It was a very cloudy chilly spring day. The kids enjoyed running around. Please critique the photos. Thanks.

DSC0305pp-Edit-1-M.jpg

DSC0104pp-2-Edit-1-M.jpg

DSC0070-Edit-1-M.jpg

DSC0188-Edit-1-M.jpg

DSC0101-Edit-M.jpg

These girls would never been in the same spot at the same time and to capture them together was impossible...except I go this one, and the look of it always makes me smile!
DSC0116-Edit-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HelvegrHelvegr Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Here are my 2 cents.

1. Its a nice image, but its not really doing it for me. The bottom crop is just a bit off for me. The fingers are partially clipped, and you can sort of make out part of the arm and hand. In addition the hood makes for a little bit of "busy" around the head. The background looks very nice.

2. I really like the composition, but I'm not 100% sure on the treatment, I could go either way I think.

3. Liking this one, great composition. It only seems like the horizon is just a bit off.

4. Not sure about the light here, it is so much darker at the bottom then the top. Cute pose though.

5. I love the pink against the green grass. Almost feels like you could have framed it up just a bit tighter.

6. A cute image. Although the harsh light across the face is a bit distracting.

Great images. I'm just picking at little things because that is what I prefer people to do for me. Looks like a great session and a fantastic location.
    Camera: Nikon D4
    Lenses: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.4
    Lighting: SB-910 | SU-800
  • Options
    lzfotolzfoto Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2012
    Thanks for the detailed critique! I always love some with a fresh pair of eyes to seamy work and not get a biased answer or a " oh look how cute" I learn a lot, and try to improve!
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    Like them all. I don't really agree Helvegr's nits -- cutting off the hands and tilting the horizon don't really bother me at all (I don't think the horizon is tilted in #3 anyhow) -- except that the lighting in #6 is too harsh to be a "perfect" portrait. But as a snapshot, #6 works great since you've captured a moment and some fantastic expressions, which is possibly more important than perfect lighting.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    I really like #2....some thought went into that or that is the impression I get. On the rest they just seem more of a grab the shot for me.
  • Options
    BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    Good shots but the background doesnt do it for me
    :photo