Options

T-Ball Girl

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited May 30, 2012 in Sports
sophia.JPG
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    KikopriceKikoprice Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2012
    Great shot Jack. It's amazing when the subject looks right into the lens and the magic happens. I would crop it a lot tighter and put that beautiful eye into a upper 3rd.
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2012
    Thanks Frank!
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2012
    Great shot.
  • Options
    jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2012
    It is a lovely shot! I might play around with the crop as well, but I do like the contrasts in this crop between the warm skin tones and the cooler green bokeh in the background. The again, I often get criticised for cropping too loosely.
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2012
    Thanks all. Here is another crop of the first girl, as well as a few others from that day. C&C welcome.

5D31050cropped-XL.jpg

5D31100-X3.jpg

5D31119-X3.jpg

5D31037-X3.jpg

5D31013-X3.jpg

5D31022-X3.jpg

(we play "coach pitch" T-ball)
    -Jack

• Options
    jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2012
    I really like the tighter crop, and the great facial expressions in the rest! really nice job!

I am shooting a soccer tournament this weekend as part of a fundraiser, and will mostly shoot the 8-12 age group (because this gives the most sales according to those who know). You've given me some great ideas as to what to try to capture!
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2012
    Thanks! Basically, faces sell. Sometimes, so do backs if the name and number are visible. For every shot, I try to think face, ball, conflict. Gotta have at least two. And then I think light, and background. Well, light comes first, especially in soccer, if you can shoot your team driving into or at 90 degrees to the sun. Sometimes you don't have that luxury though.
    -Jack

• Options
    zSCOTTzzSCOTTz Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2012
    Nice shots, your right faces sell. Ive done my sons coach pitch, not alot of action but fun to shoot. I just try to get them batting and running for the action. 1. is a great shot, I bet the parents would love that shot.