waiting

jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
edited May 26, 2012 in Street and Documentary
I don't get the opportunity to do much street these days, but here are a couple that I like.

The first speaks for itself (or not):

p194711792-5.jpg

The second was a restless kid at an outdoor cafe in Brussels, waiting for his parents and family to finish dinner:

p230027460-5.jpg

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    The 2nd is a nice portrait, could be a tad brighter in the face.
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    Yes, the first one speaks for itself. So does #2. I don't agree with Ben. The moodiness in #2 is an essential part of what makes it so good.
  • jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2012
    Thanks for the replies. I'm not much good at Street, but I am trying. I think the challenge for me is that my eye naturally has an aversion to shots that are too busy, so I go for simplicity. The problem, though, is that the busyness of many Street photos is a big part of the richness. Oh well...

It's funny, but I sold a digital print of the first photo at a charity auction for $500. I donated it because a photography collector friend really liked it and thought it would raise some money. Although I like the shot as well, I have come to understand that my eye is often attracted to subjects and composition that most others don't find interesting, and I lumped this shot into that category.