DSS 103 Different takes

lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
edited May 25, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Comments/suggestions welcome - I can reshoot the dollhouse, probably not the turkey!! This big tom was pecking the window this morning, guess he wanted his photo taken. Makes me so mad I haven't washed my windows yet this spring - I knew should've done it when I saw the challenge theme this time!
Here's a couple shots of my original idea on the theme:
1. Room with a view
IMG8271-M.jpg
2. A peek into the attic
IMG8420-M.jpg
Then my hubbie suggested adding something out of proportion, & what else but kitties:
3. Afternoon tea?
IMG8484-M.jpg
4. Tea & crumpets
IMG8687-M.jpg
5. From the inside out
IMG8747-M.jpg

And then this morning I had a peeping tom (turkey that is!!), so here's a few turkey shots:
6. Peeping Tom
IMG8507-M.jpg

7. Talking Turkey
IMG8535-M.jpg

8. Peeping Tom (wasn't sure if this one had enough of the window in it to make it recognizeable)
IMG8503-M.jpg

9. Purrtection from Peeping Tom
IMG8571-M.jpg

10. This last one would have been great if the window would have been clean - and it's the closest I've ever been to a wild turkey - that thing was HUGE!
IMG8527-M.jpg
~Lillian~
A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/

Comments

• PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2012
    I like #9.... the body language of the kitties is awesome! :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • LubinskiLubinski Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2012
    I love the way the frame looks in #1 and I wish that was copied to all the other photos.
    ~Lubinski
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2012
    #9! I knew right away, since this is a Windows challenge, what this is--perfect focus and beautiful window glass framing the tom's head. Love it!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    Oh, dear. Too many wonderful choices, but the cats observing Tom...well it's priceless...
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    Thanks Lisa, Lubinski, Kate & Trish! The frame in #1 is the result of using a quasi fisheye lens at an angle (same as #2, 3 & 5, just different angles). I really like that one too, with the back wall looking like glass (the dollhouse was positioned in front of a real window!).

I do have a question for Kate - did you mean #8 with the tom framed in the distorted window glass or #9 with the kitties? The reason I ask is that in #9 the kitty silhouettes frame the tom's body rather than his head, plus on #9 I got a pretty good focus, but since the glass was not very clean, it's not quite as crisp as I would prefer. Just wondering if your comment might refer to #8 instead of #9. My favorite of the tom shots is probably #8, because of the colors & clarity. However, I have entered #9 after burning the tom's head bit to add contrast.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/