Options

Inspiration!

LubinskiLubinski Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited June 4, 2012 in People
I have a shoot this weekend with family and their racecar. Never shot cars before, any pointers? Incorporating people into the whole racing scene should be a fun challenge.
~Lubinski

Comments

• Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    what constitutes family? A wife and a husband? Kids?
    What kind of a race car?
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2012
    Wife + Husband + 1 kid. I believe the racecar is a sport mod, races local tracks around the area.
    ~Lubinski
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2012
    Where is the shoot taking place?

I think i'd treat this shoot as an engagement shoot for a few shots - get an intimate feeling/portrait with the couple, and no kid (how is the kid, btw?); then incorporate kid working on a car with a dad..
    Then get a classic "family in front of the car" shot.. Depends on how fun they want to make it.

I think i'd want to get way way more info.. as to age of the people involved, what car that is, location and time etc.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2012
    I was thinking of getting pretty creative with this one, its a pretty outgoing family. Parents are 30-40's, the kid is around 15-16. We will be taking them at her family's house, old farmhouse barn, silos etc, big green lawn, a few field If i want it.
    ~Lubinski
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2012
    if they are into creative stuff, then doors are wide open there.

if it is a roadster, you could have husband burning his rubber while looking out of the window and his wife being in the smoke (though, she'd need to wear dark clothes for that one.we did it for a wedding shot.. and it did prove to be a mistake)
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2012
    LMAO, thanks for the warning.
    ~Lubinski
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    Did you think about shooting some at one of the tracks they race at? Most stock car tracks I've been to, the pits are off to one side of the track, seperated by a wall & fencing. If you time it right, you could get a shot over the shoulders of the family watching at the fence as the dad approaches the pit area. Maybe a shot of them cheering him on. There's a lot of possibilities for great photos at the track.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2012
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2012
    erm.. the car is oddly cut in places..and some odd things are going on with the horizon, chief.
    My Site
    My Facebook