Options

Post Processing Thoughts/Help

Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
edited May 25, 2012 in People
I really like this image but there is one thing that is ruining it for me. Under her chin, on the neck, there is a yellow/orange tone to the shadow. I have tried a bunch of things to eliminate the color but with limited or no success.

Any thoughts on best way to remove the color cast but not the shadow?

Nicole-23finishedlarge-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    Wow! Great shot. I didnt see the spot until I read the thread grrrrrrrrrrrrrr now it looks horrible.
    Can you reshot?
    :photo
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    can you clone it out using the skin below?

also, it may be my screen, but the image looks a wee green?

if you like, you can send the original to ArsenyM@foquesphoto.com, and i'll play with it tonight.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    papadakapapadaka Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    Easy Fix
    I can think of an easy fix for this issue. Select it and put it on a new layer above it and try desaturating it or selectively removing colors like yellow, green, red etc.. until you get the desired result. You'll have to be careful when you do your selection, but since you're doing it on another layer, you'll be able to clean up the edges with a very soft edge eraser tool.
    Just a thought. Sometimes i overwork the process, but its worth a go.
    Mark Malter
    Photographer
    Wanna-Be
    Daddy
    Mark@Mark-Malter.com
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    Wow! Great shot. I didnt see the spot until I read the thread grrrrrrrrrrrrrr now it looks horrible.
    Can you reshot?

Pretty sure there is a way to correct it in post so I don't have to. Funny thing is that when printed, the color cast of the shadow isn't there. I wan't to use this on a website and want to correct it.
    Foques wrote: »
    can you clone it out using the skin below?

also, it may be my screen, but the image looks a wee green?

if you like, you can send the original to ArsenyM@foquesphoto.com, and i'll play with it tonight.
    Normal clone tool is a disaster.
    It might be a touch green, but the yellow to magenta ratio is spot on.
    If I can't come up with a solution I'm happy with I may just do that! Thanks!!!!
    papadaka wrote: »
    I can think of an easy fix for this issue. Select it and put it on a new layer above it and try desaturating it or selectively removing colors like yellow, green, red etc.. until you get the desired result. You'll have to be careful when you do your selection, but since you're doing it on another layer, you'll be able to clean up the edges with a very soft edge eraser tool.
    Just a thought. Sometimes i overwork the process, but its worth a go.

Thanks a lot for the idea.

I tried a variation of what you suggested and think it makes it much better. After selecting and using new layer and then lessening the saturation a hair, I went back with the clone tool with lighten selected at about 12% to smooth things out.

Here is result

Nicole-23finishedlarge2-L.jpg
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    looks like a winner.
    gorgeous eyes.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    Nice light pattern, nice eyes, nice clothing choice, nice warmth, can you tell I like it alot. If the rest of these are like this one look out!!!
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2012
    Another way to do it would be to dupe the layer... Correct the color ... Create a mask & brush it back in... Takes a minute is all
    Super nice image Bryce...
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com