Kondrat (portrait of unknown 2 of 2)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited November 10, 2005 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
Here's a second part of my previous post.
I've met those people on a street. Their faces attracted my attention - so I asked permission to shot. They are friends. In order to deliver them prints, they gave me their post address. This man has rare name Kondrat... In this pair he must be merry fellow... though he has not much teeth...
3169.jpg
I decided to turn this to b&w to underline 'oldness' and at the same time I think that his joyful charachter can be seen here due to that 'smile'...
I added some space on the left and puted my name there to balance the composition - the eye of a viewer is travelling from his right eye to his left one, then to moustache /right side on img/, grey-haired stubble and returns to his right eyebrow... I thought that color here will draw away viewer's attention...
3170.jpg
I catched this... classic pose (for those, who knows painting history - you can easily remember one great painter's pose...), asked him to stand this way, close the mouth, raise his chin... I like the result - such a sly, cunning man at the same time joyful and funny...
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• NicoleNicole Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    Yuri, I absolutely love both of these portraits. You did a great job capturing a wonderful face. If I had to pick a favorite it would be number 2. I love the expression on his face.clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Nicole
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif The second shows so much character in his face. Wonderful picture!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    Great series, Yuri!
    And the last one is a killer:-)
    Old school rocks!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • polartownjunkiepolartownjunkie Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    these are really great, definitly love these pictures, the lines and textures have energy, very good very good id say
    since the origin of matter is matter
    shiny new thoughts are recycled clatter

down to my cell phone shooter,
    anyone have a decent early SD card digtal for grabs?

a doomed love