Two, Out of Place

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited May 27, 2012 in Street and Documentary
I'm beginning to love the strangeness of NYC, the more I visit...

7279061274_837febf2cb_c.jpg

7279058942_014a0f9760_c.jpg

Sorry again, Liz, but these were made during a two hour trip into the city after my international flight got delayed overnight.

Fine tooth combs welcome as always.

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2012
    I like them both ! Quincy, but I prefer the second one . Great captures !
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2012
    Thanks lens! Anything in particular that stands out as good or bad?
    edited May 27, 2012
    They are both good I love the expression you caught in the first one . The second I really like how the person is framed ,although he is only going one way ,its the wrong way rolleyes1.gif The only thing I find a bit troubling is the presentation of one in color and one black and white together. I don't know what the color one would look like in B & W maybe it deserves color I don't ,but I would be able to differentiate better between them had they been presented separately. Just my thoughts.
    edited May 27, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    They are both good I love the expression you caught in the first one . The second I really like how the person is framed ,although he is only going one way ,its the wrong way rolleyes1.gif The only thing I find a bit troubling is the presentation of one in color and one black and white together. I don't know what the color one would look like in B & W maybe it deserves color I don't ,but I would be able to differentiate better between them had they been presented separately. Just my thoughts.

Interesting, lens, how you've pointed out the guy in the middle of the crosswalk as opposed to the four very atypical people on a New York City street, particularly the girl on the left in the coveralls. Now, it's not that I don't enjoy the additional layer of interest that the man with the umbrella adds, but did you find him to be the #1 subject in the image?

As for the color image with the BW image, I'll agree. Separation would've been better, but I felt since my title theme was "Out of Place" that both of these fit well.

I don't think the the first shot would be better BW, simply because I think the orange numbers are a big part of the story and help the viewer come to that conclusion more conveniently. The main interest is the mid-cell phone call conversation going on, but of secondary interest (at least to me) is the fact that it's taking place in a curbside racecar in New York rolleyes1.gif.

Maybe I'm overanalyzing...
    edited May 27, 2012
    Quincy T wrote: »
    Interesting, lens, how you've pointed out the guy in the middle of the crosswalk as opposed to the four very atypical people on a New York City street, particularly the girl on the left in the coveralls. Now, it's not that I don't enjoy the additional layer of interest that the man with the umbrella adds, but did you find him to be the #1 subject in the image?

As for the color image with the BW image, I'll agree. Separation would've been better, but I felt since my title theme was "Out of Place" that both of these fit well.

I don't think the the first shot would be better BW, simply because I think the orange numbers are a big part of the story and help the viewer come to that conclusion more conveniently. The main interest is the mid-cell phone call conversation going on, but of secondary interest (at least to me) is the fact that it's taking place in a curbside racecar in New York rolleyes1.gif.

Maybe I'm overanalyzing...

No I don't think you are are over analyzing its a good quality to have! Indeed their is a great deal going on in both images ,makes them all the more interesting,nonetheless they are captivating !
    edited May 27, 2012
    Quincy T wrote: »

I apologize for not answering in my last thread, however I do find the man in cross walk to be center stage ,along with the juxtaposition of the one way sign ,the don't walk symbol, while he is in the cross walk, and the " posing" of the pedestrians, waiting to cross, all add to the irony of it .
    edited May 27, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    I apologize for not answering in my last thread, however I do find the man in cross walk to be center stage ,along with the juxtaposition of the one way sign ,the don't walk symbol, while he is in the cross walk, and the " posing" of the pedestrians, waiting to cross, all add to the irony of it .

Very well, lens! I can see more of what you see by the minute. Thank you for the insight into my own image, honestly :Dthumb.gif