While I Was Out

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited June 1, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2012
  • williaeswilliaes Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2012
    I by no means should be posting on any photos but I saw this one and was intriqued. I really enjoy black and white photos from ordinary day to day life. I like the expression on the face and what appears to be a look of what are you doing. There is a couple of distracting things for me though. The back of the empty chair is to bright for me. It pulls my attention to the back of the chair. If this was toned down some it might come across as a good point of interest. The white lines that outline the wall behind him and run through his head also is distracting to me. Other than that.... Nice hat. :D
    2 Corinthians 9:15

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    He looks like a character in a 50's style movie-- who wears a suit and hat anymore these days? :D
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    williaes wrote: »
    I by no means should be posting on any photos but I saw this one and was intriqued. I really enjoy black and white photos from ordinary day to day life. I like the expression on the face and what appears to be a look of what are you doing. There is a couple of distracting things for me though. The back of the empty chair is to bright for me. It pulls my attention to the back of the chair. If this was toned down some it might come across as a good point of interest. The white lines that outline the wall behind him and run through his head also is distracting to me. Other than that.... Nice hat. :D

I am not really bothered by the line behind his hat ,if it were going through the middle of his ears,it might be a problem. I think the contrast is great throughout the image,it could probably use some fixing in the lower left of the frame I considered lifting his shoe, the glass ,his hand and maybe right shoulder, but being a high contrast image I might just leave it.

Thank you ! for looking and for your feed back.
    MarkR wrote: »
    He looks like a character in a 50's style movie-- who wears a suit and hat
    anymore these days? :D

This guy does, he is a character, very photogenic IMO, he reminds of a young Earnest Hemingway. the hat is called a Boater, from the nineteen twenties I think.

Thank you ! for looking Mark, and for your comments.