On Memorial Day

HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
edited May 29, 2012 in Street and Documentary
845392756_mn4X6-XL-1.jpg

845394872_WGodn-XL-1.jpg

517400017_qnCsK-XL-1.jpg
Harry
http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2012
    Good ones Harry... especially #1
    Rags
  • jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2012
    Although all are really great--simple, unobtrusive, and to the point--I find #3 especially moving. The contrast between the bright colors of the flags (and all they represent) and the more muted tones of the subject and the surrounding grey of the Wall really work magic to my eye.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2012
    Very nice, Harry. Two's the strongest for me, because it's the most emotional.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2012
    A great set of images ! The first has the most impact for me ,it is visually appealing to view,the two people in it speak volumes to me about how, many people, can be affected by the loss of a life.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2012
    I like the first as it communicates the generational sharing that is likely occurring here -- something that he probably has not shared at all previously.

Second and third show the emotional impact that the display is having on these veterans remembering fallen comrades.

Wonderful set.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    very nice, harry. Two's the strongest for me, because it's the most emotional.

+1