Nat Geo Photo Essay - Outer Banks

seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
edited May 29, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Thought I'd just pass along this link of a personal photo essay in the current issue of National Geographic on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. They are mostly street photos with a photojournalism flair in the photographer's signature style - essentially slices of life in the photographer's back yard. Seemingly simple photos ... but really not. I wish I could photograph my backyard like this, and, I wish this was my backyard! Thought it might be of interest.

OBX: North Carolina's Outer Banks is the home and heart of photographer David Alan Harvey

Comments

• richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2012
    seastack wrote: »
    Thought I'd just pass along this link of a personal photo essay in the current issue of National Geographic on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. They are mostly street photos with a photojournalism flair in the photographer's signature style - essentially slices of life in the photographer's back yard. Seemingly simple photos ... but really not. I wish I could photograph my backyard like this, and, I wish this was my backyard! Thought it might be of interest.

OBX: North Carolina's Outer Banks is the home and heart of photographer David Alan Harvey

David Alan Harvey is the one directly responsible for me pushing myself to explore documentary photography. Excellent mentor that "pays forward."
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2012
    seastack wrote: »

Nice stuff. Thanks for posting. And maybe next year if I again try offering a workshop on the OBX enough people will bite.rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2012
    OBX is just about the only thing in North Carolina that is appealing to me...at least that far east. I did a little personal motorcycle tour from Orcacoke (also a nice little place) to Nag's Head a few years ago. Since then, I am both motorcycle and Carolina-less.
  • RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2012
    DAH also curates Burn, which is highly recommended. Anyone going to LOOK3 in June?

http://www.burnmagazine.org/
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs