Options

That awkward moment when.....

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited May 29, 2012 in People
You realise you were so busy lighting and posing that you missed your subject's shirt collar lying outside of his suit jacket.... :bash :bash :bash

Seriously. Guess I'm going to be doing a lot of cloning this week................................

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    You realise you were so busy lighting and posing that you missed your subject's shirt collar lying outside of his suit jacket.... :bash :bash :bash

Seriously. Guess I'm going to be doing a lot of cloning this week................................

This is one of the best reasons to have an assistant. I prefer a woman for this because most men, me included, simply don't register things like this. :D And you as a photographer are focusing on a million things and can miss thing like this very easily.

Sam
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2012
    divamum wrote: »

happens to the best of us. I miss stuff like that all tht time though I am getting better at catching thm as well. I think that is one of the important signs of getting "good" at photography..when you can start catching the not so obvious things like shirt collar or out of place hair, then that means you concentrating on your subject instead of the million other things...and that means you comfortable with your camera settings, light, etc.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2012
    This is one of the best reasons to have an assistant. I prefer a woman for this because most men, me included, simply don't register things like this. And you as a photographer are focusing on a million things and can miss thing like this very easily.

Sam

I KNOW!!! Unfortunately, none of my assistants were available today, so I was flying solo.... I usually catch these things (at least within a few frames), but it was a dark shirt, dark jacket, and dark location - I just didn't see it!! lol3.gif :cry
  • Options
    bobcoolbobcool Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2012
    I used to miss the necklace clasp scenario all the time until I finally got to the point of it becoming second nature as an item on my internal checklist. Been there, done that, Divamum! :-)
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2012
    It was a tricky lighting/comp scenario, and I just got so focused on that I didn't notice the darn collar. Here's a first crack at fixing it; I think I can tweak it enough to make this part of the session useable, since we got some REALLY good expresions during this series.

Maybe it's just a good excuse to buy CS6 and test out the "content aware" features rolleyes1.gif

i-3GC8LJL-L.jpg