Options

Short run DIY business card printing advice

HelvegrHelvegr Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited May 31, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
Anybody ever print their own business cards? I'm in need of printing a small quantity of cards for a special event. So I'm not inclined to go to Moo, or similar. Although I'd like the cards to look reasonably nice (no perforated edges that show) if possible. I'd be printing on an Epson 3880.

Thanks!
Camera: Nikon D4
Lenses: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.4
Lighting: SB-910 | SU-800

Comments

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2012
    I have done it quite a few times.
    Just design the card as you want it and create a pattern in PS to fill the paper your printing on and chop them up with a rotary cutter.

They come up looking great and with heavy paper, are impressive as well.
  • Options
    AlliOOPAlliOOP Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2012
    I always print my own business cards and the cards of several other companies. There are several ways to get around the perforation issue. One of the methods I use is MS Words label template for business cards on solid card stock and then cut the cards with a paper cutter.
  • Options
    KikopriceKikoprice Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2012
    Avery makes DIY business cards that you print and then snap them apart.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,912 moderator
    edited May 31, 2012
    You cannot beat Moo for the price or quality.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2012
    I use a heavy weight paper and business card cutter....paper weight Is 110# and the cutter I got off ebay for 39.99 workd like a charm when I need to do special cards or I am waiting for an order from Vista to arrive... ... ... I do not like the lighter paer (65#) that avery uses it is just to flimsy to me ... ... ...
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website