Lab Preference

ghostwindsghostwinds Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited May 30, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Getting ready to convert over to PRO, I am basically doing Landscape and wildlife photography.

Without having to comb thru pages of posts ( I have a job..ughh) can anyone guide me to a post that may exist that answers the question of which lab would be best to use.

I have no knowledge or experience with any of the labs and would like to have some feedback from people who have used them, before I set up pricing. Yes, I am sure they are all indeed good, but I still would like some feedback.

my site is www.ghostwinds.com so you can get an idea of my stuff...

thanks so much in advance for you help.
Thank You!

Crystal
www.ghostwinds.com

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited May 29, 2012
    You might want to contact smug support and ask for a set of sample prints from each lab. The help page says you can ask for samples from a specific lab, but I'd imagine that you can ask for more than one.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93270

I use Bay Photo and I have been very happy with them.

--- Denise
  • ghostwindsghostwinds Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited May 29, 2012
    OK great I sent them an email...thanks for your input!
    Thank You!

Crystal
    www.ghostwinds.com
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2012
    Also one should really think of working with a LOCAL PRO lab......I am still using of of the local PRO labs I started out with over 30+ yrs ago... not only does that help with local economy but it is nice to be able to walk into the building and ask what the BLEEP happened here????, rather than sending emails or even phone calls...have not had a need to do that in so many yrs I can't remeber when I last had a prob with my Local Pro Lab......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• ghostwindsghostwinds Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2012
    Thats a great idea, the local lab..and I thank you so very much for that idea....but I dont have one near me nor the time.....but that makes me ask the question are people having so many problems with the Smugmug labs that they are dealing with phone calls and emails? That was one of the reason I chose this kind of service was to avoid all that type of thing so I can focus on shooting.

Can others please weigh in on their experiences with the labs as in my original question please? i have samples coming from all but I would like to hear from other people as well that have been using them for Landscape and Wildlife Photography. Thank you!
    Thank You!

Crystal
    www.ghostwinds.com