Options

Tobaco Drying in the Valley

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited August 1, 2004 in Holy Macro
Took a trip through the Valley today.. tobaco drying in the drying barns

Comments

  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Took a trip through the Valley today.. tobaco drying in the drying barns
    Bringing back memories... When i was 12 years old I worked in those tobacco fields, spending all day hunched over for $1.05/hour. At least as 'child labor' I got an hourly rate, the adult migrants got paid piece-meal and the young female migrant workers had other duties forced on them.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Bringing back memories... When i was 12 years old I worked in those tobacco fields, spending all day hunched over for $1.05/hour. At least as 'child labor' I got an hourly rate, the adult migrants got paid piece-meal and the young female migrant workers had other duties forced on them.
    Oh my..when I first came to Athol 28 years ago from Aussie and England I had friends whose kids worked in the fields... their skin got so dark, it was amazing. I spose they still do in this valley. Erik (doctorit) should know.. he lives there.:D
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Took a trip through the Valley today.. tobaco drying in the drying barns
    Nice shot and even better color treatment, Lynn. I really like how you sort of desaturated the image. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Nice shot and even better color treatment, Lynn. I really like how you sort of desaturated the image. thumb.gif
    Thanks Sid.. you noticed the desat huh? It was so naturally saturated it looks fake.. so I gave it a little tweak.. I usually go the other way. No gaussian blur either.... it was tough but I overcame the urge.:D
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Thanks Sid.. you noticed the desat huh? It was so naturally saturated it looks fake.. so I gave it a little tweak.. I usually go the other way. No gaussian blur either.... it was tough but I overcame the urge.:D

    rolleyes1.gif Amazing how one falls in love with certain techniques! I'm besotted with Cletus' tip for lightening and darkening shots.

    I love the desat thing, it makes the shot like one of those old time postcards. I've tried it a few times on my stuff, haven't yet had the right image to make it work like yours.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif Amazing how one falls in love with certain techniques! I'm besotted with Cletus' tip for lightening and darkening shots.

    I love the desat thing, it makes the shot like one of those old time postcards. I've tried it a few times on my stuff, haven't yet had the right image to make it work like yours.
    ME TOO!!! thats partly why I've let the blur go.. I have a new obsession!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    ME TOO!!! thats partly why I've let the blur go.. I have a new obsession!rolleyes1.gif

    rolleyes1.gif Repeat after me: my name is.... and I'm a Photoshopaholic.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif Repeat after me: my name is.... and I'm a Photoshopaholic.
    :roll
Sign In or Register to comment.