Two Images

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited June 2, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    The second one, Ben ( first one? Eh?) My initial inclination with two is to say I wish you were much closer, but there is something about this that really works for me - I think it's a combination of the lighting, composition, and other worldly weirdness. What ARE they looking for? Or is he taking candy from a baby?rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    1st one doesn't show much interaction beside the regular vendor/client.

2nd one works because there is some interaction and body language that is noteworthy. Notice how "dad" (or whomever), appears to be taking over the project-- stretching his whole body across the sign or whatever they're making. Notice how the kid, by contrast, is occupying as little physical space as possible, and is looking away slightly.

Lot of interpretations for what's going on. Wild guess: Dad and son got kicked out of the house to make a garage sale sign. Son was initially enthusiastic, but is now relegated to watching dad do all the work. Or maybe I'm projecting. :D
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    I actually prefer the first one ,its close and personal, my eye goes directly to the cook who is waiting,in anticipation for the precise moment to do his flipping, thus assuring his customer, mouth watering satisfaction.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    I actually prefer the first one ,its close and personal, my eye goes directly to the cook who is waiting,in anticipation for the precise moment to do his flipping, thus assuring his customer, mouth watering satisfaction.

You're just Hungry rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    You Californians will do anything to reserve a parking spot..
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2012
    bfjr wrote: »
    You're just Hungry rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

No kidding! rolleyes1.gifrofl
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    The second one, Ben ( first one? Eh?) My initial inclination with two is to say I wish you were much closer, but there is something about this that really works for me - I think it's a combination of the lighting, composition, and other worldly weirdness. What ARE they looking for? Or is he taking candy from a baby?rolleyes1.gif

I did attempt a closer capture but like you prefer the lighting etc.