Options

Self Portrait

amberlynstudiosamberlynstudios Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited June 1, 2012 in People
So....working more with lighting and what not...On one side, I put two of my crappy umbrella lights with a large oval relfector to the ceiling to diffuse it. Then on other side, another smaller reflector with white to bounce a bit. This is a self portrait I did myself lol. I sat in a chair with my laptop next to me and tethered my camera, focued, posed and tapped the button with my foot. GO ME....lol cc?

(Still trying to not have to attach...I uploaded via Flickr and even when I try to put link in it doesnt work)

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    Amber, you can't just copy/paste the link. You have to click the little yellow box (that looks like a mountain), and then paste the link there. (Alternatively, do it manually with :)" alt="tags, if you know how to do that). This is a lovely shot - if you hadn't told me, I'd probably have assumed it was window light. The falloff to camera left is flattering, and it's a great expression of a beautiful gal. What's not to like?! :)" />
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    +1
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    If asking for cc....here goes....now this is what judges at a photo meeting would possibly say........mainly if your happy with the photo that is all that matters.

good stuff......... Light coming in over your shoulder from the back is what helps a lady in form and retouching. Head turned toward the light is also wanted. Together these two items help to create a short light pattern on the face that slims it......isn't that what we all want!!

Bad stuff.......clothing choice of white competes with the face and all the skin competes with the face also. Remember bright areas come forward and are seen first.....dark colors receede and are seen last.
    Hunched over giving you poor posture.....straighten out them shoulders!! Hunched can work but you've got to make it exagerated.

Catch lights in the eye are too low....judges like to see them at 2 o'clock on this side and 10 if the main is on the other side. Also if you want hair over the eye again over do it.

This is a great shot of you, you've got great lips try some wild lip gloss and go for it. Lastly wrinkled background.

Again if you like the shot that is all that matters.....if putting it into PPA competition that is where the judges would find fault. Keep posting and don't forget about pullbacks to help us out.
  • Options
    amberlynstudiosamberlynstudios Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    Laughing.gif damn hunched shoulders....remember, I took this myself and that I was using my foot to lean over and hit the shutter button lol. I love the shot. Too orange for me actually. Never thought about the white though, gonna change that. As far as the catch light in the eyes, noted. Thanks!!!