Options

Post Effect Input Please.

Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
edited June 4, 2012 in People
For the better part of six months I have been fooling around trying to develop a speedy way to do a "poor-man's" Dave Hill look to apply to some of my children's portraiture.

This image is the result of an action I've created, 5 seconds and done. Speed being an important part as I want to be able to offer this "look" at no additional cost to the client.

Opinions please! Do you think it adds anything unique? Is it something that would be a perceived value by an average customer? Or does it just stink?

You may have to view it in the original size to appreciate the "look". For some reason, it shows up better in printed product.

Thanks for the time!

ppDSC4332-L.jpg

This is the same action on a "normal" portrait.

magazineBWB9878-Edit-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    I don't see anything different or something that resembles Hill.......not sure what I'm to look for. It seems to be a quality general portrait.
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2012
    Hackbone wrote: »
    I don't see anything different or something that resembles Hill.......not sure what I'm to look for. It seems to be a quality general portrait.

Well, I guess that answers my question. If to you, they don't look enough different without posting the originals to compare them to, then they certainly wouldn't make the desired impact on a normal client.

Thanks Charles!
  • Options
    LubinskiLubinski Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2012
    It looks kind of paint-ish. I see it but barely. Works better for the first photo than the second, some odd angles on the guys face in the second.
    ~Lubinski