CS2 ? where to buy ?

tony larcombetony larcombe Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
edited November 11, 2006 in Finishing School
Any good deals on this software, I dno't want to pay full price for this software if I can get away with it, any suggestions ?

Tony.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    By an older version and upgrade
    Any good deals on this software, I dno't want to pay full price for this software if I can get away with it, any suggestions ?

Tony.
    Buy a legitimate, licensed, upgradable version of PS6 on ebay (it will take some work to make sure you get the right thing on ebay, but it does exist if you know what to look for and what questions to ask) and then upgrade it to CS2. You'll end up with CS2 for less than half price.

Here's a discussion of this process in another forum: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1006&message=12956012
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2005
  • davemj98davemj98 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2005
    tablet
    1drink.gif buy the WACOM tablet with mouse and pen for $99 (grafire 4) and it comes with a copy of Photoshop elements. Register everything, and you can upgrade to the full version for $299.00. Most universities sell the complete CS2 for about $399. Or go to a store and pay $1199. Good luck to your pursuit.
    davidsdigitalphotography.com
    Alpha 99 & VG, 900x2 & VG; 50mm1.4, CZ135 1.8; CZ16-35 2.8, CZ24-70 2.8, G70-200 2.8, G70-400, Sony TC 1.4, F20, F58, F60.
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    davemj98 wrote:
    1drink.gif buy the WACOM tablet with mouse and pen for $99 (grafire 4) and it comes with a copy of Photoshop elements. Register everything, and you can upgrade to the full version for $299.00. Most universities sell the complete CS2 for about $399. Or go to a store and pay $1199. Good luck to your pursuit.
    I think I (well, my wife the grad student) wound up paying about $210 for whole CS2 suite.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    davemj98 wrote:

This is a great alternative if you can't get the educ. discount. The wacom tablet will be a definite plus.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    A large supplier of "inexpensive" Adobe software was recently shut down.

I am suspicious of the topic generally right now. I would definitely try to go the student route.

And I would not answer questions about any other means to get "cheap" software.

ginger

The Wacom Tablet idea also sounds very good.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited November 12, 2005
    Another deal

Tony.
    I just bought a new Canon 20D clap.gif and it came with a deal from Adobe. The package included Elements 2.0 but it allows you to upgrade to CS2 for $299. Offer expires on 30 November. I don't think this offer applies to the Rebel XT. Don't know about the 5D. Here's the Adobe link.

FWIW.
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    BHphoto sells CS2 for $599.00. Curently if you buy a DSLR you get an instant $200.00 rebate off CS2.
    So if you buy a DSLR you can get CS2 for $399.00 until January
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • AZsnapperAZsnapper Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    Discounts
    http://www.academicsuperstore.com/

This is a good source.

Sign up for a class at your local comminty college. You now have an education discount. Heck, you can even sign up for 'Gym 101' is all you need to become a 'student' :)

One thing though, most academic sellers don't sell the upgrade, only the full version. So it may still be cheaper to get an older version of PS and then buy the upgrade.

ginger_55 wrote:
    A large supplier of "inexpensive" Adobe software was recently shut down.

I am suspicious of the topic generally right now. I would definitely try to go the student route.

And I would not answer questions about any other means to get "cheap" software.

ginger

The Wacom Tablet idea also sounds very good.
    Visit my web site
    www.shadowlakes.com