Options

Lens Hoods

JamokeJamoke Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
edited November 10, 2005 in Cameras
Hey, I read the thread asking to justify the 85mm 1.8 purchase, and Andy commented that with the lens it would be worth the investment. Which lead me to a couple questions?

Where can you find which hood goes with which lens? I've asked a number of camera store folk, and they don't have a clue. I bought 2 bodies, and 5 lenses this month (starting a side company) and only one of the lenses came with a hood. (And that was my Tamron lens)

Are there any guides out there for which hood goes with which lens?

I'm looking to purchase the hood for Canon 85mm f1.8. My other lenses don't 'need' the hood yet. (I'd just like to know which hoods I would need, just in case I do feel I need the hood)

But as I acquire better, faster, versitle glass.... I have to believe that someone has put together a list of the Lenses, and their matching hoods. Anybody have the linky?
Mine: Canon 20D, 50 f1.8 II, 28-105 II, 70-200 f2.8L, T 70-300 Macro, T 2X expander, 12-24 Sigma
Hers: Sony SR10, (Soon Canon 5D MKII), 85 f1.8, 28-135 USM, Stroboframe, Manfrotto NeoTec
Ours: Pair of 580 EX, Lensbaby, Studio Alien Bees, Son & TWO Daughters

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    Jamoke wrote:
    Hey, I read the thread asking to justify the 85mm 1.8 purchase, and Andy commented that with the lens it would be worth the investment. Which lead me to a couple questions?

Where can you find which hood goes with which lens? I've asked a number of camera store folk, and they don't have a clue. I bought 2 bodies, and 5 lenses this month (starting a side company) and only one of the lenses came with a hood. (And that was my Tamron lens)

Are there any guides out there for which hood goes with which lens?

I'm looking to purchase the hood for Canon 85mm f1.8. My other lenses don't 'need' the hood yet. (I'd just like to know which hoods I would need, just in case I do feel I need the hood)

But as I acquire better, faster, versitle glass.... I have to believe that someone has put together a list of the Lenses, and their matching hoods. Anybody have the linky?

Here it is, on B&H website
  • Options
    TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • Options
    JamokeJamoke Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    clap.gif SWEET. Thanx
    Mine: Canon 20D, 50 f1.8 II, 28-105 II, 70-200 f2.8L, T 70-300 Macro, T 2X expander, 12-24 Sigma
    Hers: Sony SR10, (Soon Canon 5D MKII), 85 f1.8, 28-135 USM, Stroboframe, Manfrotto NeoTec
    Ours: Pair of 580 EX, Lensbaby, Studio Alien Bees, Son & TWO Daughters