Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2012
    Sometimes it's better not to ask.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2012
    It was very kind of you to remove the idenity of the "Dog Walker" rolleyes1.gif
    edited June 2, 2012
    Afghan Hound puppies go for between $1,000 and $1,500 each
    if they are not from some special show-winning ancestor.

I could buy a nice camera and some good glass for what he has
    leashed.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    We poop ! and its your job to clean it up.i-3fx9CCC-L.jpg

First, in response to Tony, we'd all be better photographers if we asked this question more often - and paid attention to what people said when they answered. mwink.gif

Second, is it crap? No. Is it great? No. Thinking about it, I'd like to see more space to the right of the lead dog - You'd ideally have backed up a couple steps and swung slightly to the right, because I wouldn't want to see anything different in terms of the left hand side of the frame. Then in terms of the guy, I wonder what it looks like showing more of his upper body/head, and less.

The ingredients for something really interesting are here, as I gather you realized. But it doesn't quite "work."

ON THE OTHER HAND - Maybe you were just being cute with the question...and I stepped in the poop. Ah well, you asked. :-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2012
    I'd crop just below the walkers right elbow and make it more a photo of movement of legs. Agree .. it needs more space to the right. I'd try to add some more space in that direction.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2012
    TonyCooper wrote: »
    Sometimes it's better not to ask.
    bfjr wrote: »
    It was very kind of you to remove the idenity of the "Dog Walker" rolleyes1.gif
    Afghan Hound puppies go for between $1,000 and $1,500 each
    if they are not from some special show-winning ancestor.

I could buy a nice camera and some good glass for what he has
    leashed.
    bdcolen wrote: »
    First, in response to Tony, we'd all be better photographers if we asked this question more often - and paid attention to what people said when they answered. mwink.gif

Second, is it crap? No. Is it great? No. Thinking about it, I'd like to see more space to the right of the lead dog - You'd ideally have backed up a couple steps and swung slightly to the right, because I wouldn't want to see anything different in terms of the left hand side of the frame. Then in terms of the guy, I wonder what it looks like showing more of his upper body/head, and less.

The ingredients for something really interesting are here, as I gather you realized. But it doesn't quite "work."

ON THE OTHER HAND - Maybe you were just being cute with the question...and I stepped in the poop. Ah well, you asked. :-)
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I'd crop just below the walkers right elbow and make it more a photo of movement of legs. Agree .. it needs more space to the right. I'd try to add some more space in that direction.

Thanks! to all of you for you,for your comments and suggestions. I think it has potential minus the the poo, I will try a similar shot, with the above suggestions in mind to improve the composition.thumb.gif
    edited June 3, 2012
    While it's not always possible, I prefer to see the dog's faces discernible.
    That's tough with black or dark dogs, but that should be the aim.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2012
    Dogdots wrote: »

What Mary said. My first thought was crop below the elbow. Then it doesn't look like a snap grab.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
    edited June 3, 2012
    Patti wrote: »
    What Mary said. My first thought was crop below the elbow. Then it doesn't look like a snap grab.

Thanks! Patti, a good point you make, about in not looking like a snap grag, it is a definate improvement.
    edited June 3, 2012
    While it's not always possible, I prefer to see the dog's faces discernible.
    That's tough with black or dark dogs, but that should be the aim.

I see what you are saying, Thanks Tony.