Options

Eyes bright and stunning how too????

AprilHiteAprilHite Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited June 6, 2012 in People
Hi,
This pic is unedited but how do I get her eyes just stunning, I love the colors in htis pic but can I get some pointers as I am going to retake the picture if needed unless it can be edited and fixed. Thanks so much in advance for the help!

April

Comments

• Options
    edited June 5, 2012
    Another what can I do better I did edit it
    Ok I edited this one picture but is there any faults in it that I should correct? Thanks
  • Options
    trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2012
    You need to nail the focus on the eyes (applicable for any living thing with eyes)...the two pics are out of focus. At this point, not much you can do to "correct" the focus.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2012
    Ok thanks I gonna redo them soon, Do you think the backgrounds and the set ups for the props is good and all I need to do is nail the focaus on the eyes and face?
  • Options
    trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2012
    It really doesn't matter if I like or dislike your choice of background or props...that's very personal and subjective.

With that said though, I personally think people, specifically babies and children, do not need props to aid an image...props can add creativity but props (at times) become the subject and not the the person.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2012
    troopers wrote: »
    It really doesn't matter if I like or dislike your choice of background or props...that's very personal and subjective.

With that said though, I personally think people, specifically babies and children, do not need props to aid an image...props can add creativity but props (at times) become the subject and not the the person.

I can respect this :)
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2012
    yes, the eyes must be in focus, and if further away the entire face needs to be in focus. Having the subject somewhat facing a light source will provide catchlights that will help get that pop you want. Proper exposure is a must too, so watch for that at the reshoot. Maybe you need to use a tripod or something to be sure the camera does not move.

The baby picture would be easier to shoot if you lost the props and got closer to the baby,imho. :)
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2012
    Yup, you could use a little work on basic fundamentals. Focus, framing and exposure. Digital is wonderful as you can practice away without any film or processing costs.

Regarding babies and props.

I use a LOT of props when shooting young children. But, when doing so (using props) it is VERY important for each prop that is used to make sense in the final product. All to often I see images that appear as if the prop was used just for the sake of using the prop and said prop adds nothing to the final image and tells no story whatsoever. I would count your image of the little guy by the pillar with fake foliage on it in this genre.

Try creating a scene using props that tell a specific story and then incorporate your subject into that story. Each prop used should in someway add to the "story" you are trying to tell with your image.