Photo Op June 18th - Bryn Athyn Cathedral Illuminated

sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
edited June 10, 2012 in The Big Picture
FYI for those of you living somewhere near Philadelphia. On June 18th (rain date June 20th), the Bryn Athyn Cathedral, Glencairn Museum, and Cairnwood Mansion will be be illuminated from dusk until 11pm. People will also be welcome to go inside and shoot the interiors of these buildings.

Someone handed me a flyer about this today, and I thought I would pass along the info. I spent some time there last year trying to get a good SOOC shot for a dgrin challenge. Saw a lot of photographers there. The gardens are beautiful as well. I had a broken foot last June so I didn't try to photograph all three buildings but I think you can take an elevator to the top of the tower in Glencairn (for $5 each or $10 for 3 people) and take photographs from there.

For directions and more information about these buildings, see www.brynathynhistoricdistrict.org

Is there a specific place on dgrin for this kind of post?

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited June 8, 2012
    I moved your post to The Big Picture forum. You might also want to make an announcement similar to this in the Location, Location, Location forum.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited June 8, 2012
    David_S85 wrote: »
    I moved your post to The Big Picture forum. You might also want to make an announcement similar to this in the Location, Location, Location forum.

Thank you. I knew I had seen (or read about) a place for this but wasn't sure where.
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited June 10, 2012
    If anyone sees this and decides to go there, I'd be interested in hearing whether you thought it was worthwhile....