No Title 11/06/2012

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited June 15, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2012
    Lots to like. I assume I am looking at a teacher in her classroom. Well composed and processed.

But it feels like a miss because of the timing of her gaze -- feels like you caught her mid-expression, almost like someone mid-blink and so the shot is very unflattering one of her.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2012
    rainbow wrote: »
    Lots to like. I assume I am looking at a teacher in her classroom. Well composed and processed.

But it feels like a miss because of the timing of her gaze -- feels like you caught her mid-expression, almost like someone mid-blink and so the shot is very unflattering one of her.

Thanks ! Rainbow much appreciated. She loved her job, the last image was her mean teacher look,her eyes are unique. The one room school house is an original from 1925, the class went from grade 1 to 8 starting at the extreme right of the frame with grade 1 in the smaller desks and moving up in size from there. Here is a another image of her in a more positive light,but I lost some detail in her sweater.

i-hqvCVTV-L.jpg
  • ChesterJackChesterJack Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2012
    I absolutely love this shot. With maybe the exception of her name tag, there is virtually nothing in the shot that I can see that indicates the modern era or what year it actually is.

Fantastic picture.
    "Dont tell me this town ain't got no heart, cause I can hear it beat out loud" Robert Hunter
    edited June 14, 2012
    I absolutely love this shot. With maybe the exception of her name tag, there is virtually nothing in the shot that I can see that indicates the modern era or what year it actually is.

Fantastic picture.

Glad you like it, Thank you ! for the comments .
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2012
    I really like this shot. Your PP work is very good. Emotionally, I'm drawn right into this image. I can imagine that I've been held over after the class was dismissed and that I'm about to receive a few whacks from her trusty switch. One look at her and you just know she relishes the whole process.

Great picture. thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited June 15, 2012
    I really like this shot. Your PP work is very good. Emotionally, I'm drawn right into this image. I can imagine that I've been held over after the class was dismissed and that I'm about to receive a few whacks from her trusty switch. One look at her and you just know she relishes the whole process.

Great picture. thumb.gif

Tom

Thank you! for the wonderful comments Tom. Yes she looks capable of that and more, for example; writing, " I will not be late for class after recess" 100 times, on the blackboard.