Important Dgrin Challenge Announcement

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited January 24, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
:wave Hello all you Dgrin Challengers :D

OK so, here's the scoop: The Challenge Hosting duties are now going to be rotated amongst the moderator crew here at Dgrin. Each moderator will host for two challenges - a month - and then pass the baton to the next. They'll be picking the ten finalists, along with, as usual, the prior challenge's winner.

ALL OTHER RULES REMAIN THE SAME

I will remain as final arbiter for any irregularites, etc that may pop up. But, going forward, the challenges will be hosted according to this schedule (subject to change!):

Dec 05 - Harry
Jan 06 - Shay
Feb 06 - David_S85
Mar 06 - Mike
Apr 06 - Gubbs
May 06 - DavidTO
June 06 - Ian
July 06 - Steve
Aug 06 - Skippy
Sep 06 - Doc
Oct 06 - Gus
Nov 06 - Patch
Dec 06 - Pathfinder

[edit by Doctorit 1.24.07] this list is currently under revision... but don't fear, mods will continue to rotate through as co-judges in the challenges :nod

Enjoy (challenge) photography,

Comments

• StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    I think this is a good idea. After reading some of the complaint threads on the challenges, I was a little hesitant to enter. I did anyway. I like the challenges as it makes me think outside my own little box and gives me a goal to work on.

A good way for you to go Andy, spread the cheer around a little. HeHe!
    I'm sure each moderator will run the challenges in a fair manner and base their choices on the quality of the photos and how well they fit the challenge theme.

Dana
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    I think this is a good idea. After reading some of the complaint threads on the challenges, I was a little hesitant to enter.
    Dana

lol3.gif I hope that everyone gives the same amout of lovin' to all of the other mods naughty.gif
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    andy wrote:
    lol3.gif I hope that everyone gives the same amout of lovin' to all of the other mods naughty.gif
    Can't get enough lovin?
    Laughing.gif
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    Good to see you take a load off, Andy!
    Moderating the challenges can be brutal at times!!! :argue
    You deserved a break~

Cheers!
    ~Nee :)
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
    edited November 10, 2005
    Nee7x7 wrote:
    Good to see you take a load off, Andy!

Yeah. Now, I can layabout the house all day, eat bonbons and read trashy novels naughty.gif
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Yeah. Now, I can layabout the house all day, eat bonbons and read trashy novels naughty.gif

yeah yeah yeah, you mean you don't do that already?

:tiptoe

:D
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    Come on now someone
    andy wrote:

Somebody do a photo collage of this for us!!!!!!!!!

I bet this one makes the random andy quote generator!!!!!

Priceless
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    Has anyone considered that this means that Andy will now be able to enter the challenges? :uhoh Will we all live to regret this development? headscratch.gif Well, I don't think so. It seems a lot fairer to spread the judging burden among many. Kudos to those who have agreed to do their part to keep the challenge going. thumb.gif And thanks to Andy for being a good sport (most of the time) about taking the gaff.

Email
    edited November 10, 2005
    Flyinggina wrote:
    (most of the time)

:uhoh bah!
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited November 10, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Now there's a new Challenge theme idea right there! ylsuper.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    Oh noooooo! After all this time, I thought I had the "judge" figured out. I figured I knew what he liked and didn't like.:D

Now there will be no way to figure what the judges will go for. Of course you could always try to spend more time on the threads that they moderate to try to get a feel for their likes and dislikes. mwink.gif

Let's see, Harry only likes birds, does not like dogs. rolleyes1.gifHow do I get a bird in every possible photo?
    I don't know about any of the other judges.headscratch.gif

This development could actually increase participation on all the threads.rolleyes1.gif

Hmmmm looks like it could be interesting. mwink.gif

Andy, looks like you took a lemon and made lemonade. You finally figured a way to lessen your workload. And, you put those mods to work.clap.gifclap

Hey, where's Lynnma? Did you have too many mods? Maybe she won't get a chance until more than a year from now?
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited November 14, 2005
    snapapple wrote:

Let's see, Harry only likes birds, does not like dogs.
    the old coot doesn't like pets and babies either lol3.gif
    snapapple wrote:
    Andy, looks like you took a lemon and made lemonade. You finally figured a way to lessen your workload. And, you put those mods to work.clap.gifclap
    Yes - about time they earned their keep!
    snapapple wrote:
    Hey, where's Lynnma? Did you have too many mods? Maybe she won't get a chance until more than a year from now?

Yeah she's too busy with the naked calendar girls rolleyes1.giflol3.gif
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2005
    andy wrote:
    the old coot doesn't like pets and babies either lol3.gif
    When the man is right ,he's right. Nothing to argue about here. I'm also not crazy about sunsets, sunrises, and warm woolen mittens. I absolutely hate pineapple on pizza and all holiday music.
    Yes - about time they earned their keep!
    I'm retired. Look at my profile. If this challenge thingie takes up too much time its toast. :rambo
    Yeah she's too busy with the naked calendar girls rolleyes1.giflol3.gif
    I was supposed to get that job. :cry
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2006
    Did I miss something? What happened to this plan?
    If not now, when?
    edited January 10, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    Did I miss something? What happened to this plan?

Sigh.... as if I don't have enough to worry about! You got a problemo with me hosting a challenge-o? :beatwax

It so happens that there have been holidays - and a death in the family of one of our moderators - and the other mod who's been assigned to this present time is just coming back from an unexpected long trip. So you're stuck with me. Tough nougies lol3.gif

Sheesh!

If anyone asks about the topic - get this -- they are SUPPOSED to be hard deal.gif

And, this one came from the topics thread, I even linked it in the post.
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Sigh.... as if I don't have enough to worry about! You got a problemo with me hosting a challenge-o? :beatwax

Don't feel abused by this question; it was really just curiosity. I really don't care, I just wondered if the plan had changed.

Yeah, Air. That's a good one. Puts me in mind of an old Bill Cosby routine. He took a philosphy course in college. Why is there air? That's what they wanted to know. Any phys-ed major knows why there's air -- to blow up basketballs with.
    If not now, when?
    edited January 10, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    Don't feel abused by this question; it was really just curiosity. I really don't care, I just wondered if the plan had changed.

Yeah, Air. That's a good one. Puts me in mind of an old Bill Cosby routine. He took a philosphy course in college. Why is there air? That's what they wanted to know. Any phys-ed major knows why there's air -- to blow up basketballs with.

But ... but... every question needs to be answered. What, I'm gonna leave your question hanging there??? NBL...

Let's take some pitchas, Rutt deal.gif

Cosby.. lol3.gif
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 24, 2007
    how about a soft little bump for this thread?

Andy's still the boss, but you can all say hello to your new challenge host (see the rules for specifics)... me!

wave.gif

We're still going to have a rotating cast of moderators as co-judges, but I'll be coordinating all the action so Andy has more time to... ah... well, you know, do important stuff! :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]