Options

Blogging for photographers who don't serve joe public

kevingearykevingeary Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited June 14, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
It's easy for wedding and everyday portrait photographers to blog about all the sessions they just did. But what are some topics you'd expect to see from a photographer who shoots commercial, advertising, editorial, or other work and who sells mainly B2B and not to the average consumer?

What's a good strategy for this...

Comments

• Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2012
    This is just from a personal standpoint on what I'd like to see if I were reading a blog of that variety. Things like a Behind The Scenes look into the creation of it. If it's a liquid commercial of sorts, what was used? The actual product, paint, etc.. Maybe if the director of said advertisement was willing, a few comments on what the goal/vision was behind it and how you (the photographer) achieved it. I understand some of that may not or cannot happen with certain things. Maybe a little on the lighting setup if it was something out of the ordinary, like 20 speedlights or something of that variety.
  • Options
    kevingearykevingeary Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2012
    ZBlack wrote: »
    This is just from a personal standpoint on what I'd like to see if I were reading a blog of that variety. Things like a Behind The Scenes look into the creation of it. If it's a liquid commercial of sorts, what was used? The actual product, paint, etc.. Maybe if the director of said advertisement was willing, a few comments on what the goal/vision was behind it and how you (the photographer) achieved it. I understand some of that may not or cannot happen with certain things. Maybe a little on the lighting setup if it was something out of the ordinary, like 20 speedlights or something of that variety.

Great insight. Thank you!
  • Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2012
    I am not sure that a B2B blog is going to be read by the perspective clients anyhow.
    I certainly can't imagine my clients bothering with such a thing. A website yes, Blog, Nup.

Not to say of course all clients are remotely like mine.