damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
edited June 15, 2012 in Street and Documentary
This film expired in 1979. Shot on Monday, 6/11.

lastweek008.jpg

lastweek006.jpg

lastweek990.jpg

Contax G2, 45mm Planar f/2, HC-110 (B), Kodak Plus-X (exposed at 100)

Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2012
    Love, love, love # 2. And boy, does time do some amazing things to Plus-X grain. :-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2012
    Thanks BD! It was a crap shoot with film so old, that's why I used the HC-110 but I didn't expect such graininess from an iso 125 film! It was an interesting experiment.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2012
    I love the grain, I really like the second one , I would prefer it not showing the arm and hand just above his sleeve, would be better IMO.
    edited June 14, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    I love the grain, I really like the second one , I would prefer it not showing the arm and hand just above his sleeve, would be better IMO.

Thanks lensmole. The grain is nice. Plus-X!
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2012
    Awesome. #2 is an album cover. I think the arm and hand adds something nice. Everyone should shoot film once in a while for a change of pace. Forget Instagram.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
    edited June 15, 2012
    Awesome. #2 is an album cover. I think the arm and hand adds something nice. Everyone should shoot film once in a while for a change of pace. Forget Instagram.

Thanks Jack - and I totally agree re: Instagram. I don't know what that is, but it sounds bad!
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2012
    damonff wrote: »
    Thanks Jack - and I totally agree re: Instagram. I don't know what that is, but it sounds bad!

Basically it's film simulation software that people use on facebook to turn crappy point & shoot and cell phone photos into vintage-looking snapshots. For that purpose it's actually kind of nice because it takes otherwise unusable images and turns them into something nostalgic. But film is still better!

943900594_CTuq5-X2.jpg

FH000012-X3.jpg
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
    edited June 15, 2012
    Interesting, thanks!