1st try high-key

GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
edited June 14, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi everyone - never done anything like this so am wondering if it qualifies for this challenge? At this moment I'm trying for natural light high-key (being more of a nature shooter) and really appreciate learning new techniques that render different photos than what i already have. Don't know if I'll enter this but am I on the right track? :dunno C & C appreciated. Thanks, GP

HighKeyDuck3IMG4382-L.jpg

Comments

• kentwallerkentwaller Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2012
    nice photo, but i am not sure what qualifies as high-key. all new to me - i am thinking white background, high detail, no shadows - tough category without major studio equipment!
  • endurodogendurodog Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2012
    I didn't know either but there is a link in the recent challange explaining what it is. That's why I like these challanges because it's forcing me out of my little box and attempting things, even I don't enter it still has me thinking about it.

Like the idea Greta, the water dripping off the beak looks great but it seems grainy, not sure if that is just the process or what as I haven't tried it yet.
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2012
    high key is just a general concept meaning that the majority of the image is bright with minimal shadows

Unless it really helps the image, blown highlights and details on the subject aren't something you'd want to use to make it high key though :)

http://photo.tutsplus.com/tutorials/lighting/beginners-guide-to-shooting-high-key/