Root Fly, Hylemya Sp

RobbugRobbug Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
edited June 17, 2012 in Holy Macro
For some reason this frame reminds me of a recent Orkin commercial, "I have your pizza...", "What pizza?"

fly.jpg
www.refractivephotos.com

The Holy Trinity of Photography - Light, Color, and Gesture

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2012
  • castroincomecastroincome Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 17, 2012
    Why does this only have 1 reply? This pictures is awesome and a lot better than some of the others (although good) I've seen in this catagory.
  • RobbugRobbug Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2012
    The reality is - this photo is more about context vs. artistic. It's, in my biased opinion a good photo, but not to the calibre of many here. As you watch you will see some photos that will blow your mind. Comments do not necessarily indicate whether the photo is successful. On this forum, just sharing what you photograph to be enjoyed by all is in of itself a reward. Commenting is not the reward in of itself. When I post a photo, I do not really expect a comment. There are some photographers that make it a point to post comments (good or constructive criticism) such as Goldendorfe and LV and I personally appreciate it as I look up to them. While many may think we require critique of our photos most of us know how we fall short by reviewing what has been posted before (and strive to) and honestly in this forum it is not about photo kudos but more about what we see. I saw a joke in a recent Orkin commercial that prompted me to post this photo. Honestly I would have not even posted this except that I did see a joke in it and thought others would. Most didn't so no big deal. My wife did and that is all that matters.

Thank you for posting your comment though. After all of us post tons of macros, we forget that sometimes, new people come in to look and wonder why all these crazy, wonderful, outrageous, outstanding photos go without comment. Thank you for that. I will endeavor like Golden and LV to post more comments on photos vice posting and running.

You sir earn kudos for throwing the BS flag out for all of us. Me included.
    www.refractivephotos.com

The Holy Trinity of Photography - Light, Color, and Gesture