Setting Pricing

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited June 15, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I know I'm late to the party, but I am finally getting around to migrating to the new price list format. A few questions though...
1. When I hit migrate I understand that my current pricing lists will be converted to a few standard lists, but will the galleries pricing automatically be switched to the new price list? I do not want to reprice each gallery as I have quite a few and a variety of lists.
2. When I add a new gallery will I simply choose from the new shorter list?
3. How are the new list names generated? Can I adjust the names to be more descriptive?

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2012
    Come on in, the party is still going. :)

1. Gallery prices are only merged into a pricelist if the prices from different galleries are identical. You won't lose any prices.

2. You only need to apply a pricelist to a gallery if you want that gallery to differ from your default pricelist.
    The default pricelist works similar to portfolio pricing on the SmugMug classic pricing. It takes effect for all galleries that don't have any other pricelist applied to.

3. Names follow the scheme "pricelist migrated from" followed by the gallery name. If the same prices are used on other galleries as well, you'll get a "(+X other)" at the end of the name wherein X stands for the number of galleries using the same prices.
    Of course you can go in and rename pricelists. Just select a pricelist in the "manage pricelist" screen, click on edit list and then you'll see a pencil icon next to the pricelist's name to change the name.

More details on pricelists can be found on the help page. The migration help page contains additional migration specific information.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2012
    Thanks