Options

Bleatarn

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited June 22, 2012 in Landscapes
I recently took these shots of Bleatarn in the Lake District. I would really appreciate if someone could put me right with them as I am not happy with the sky especially in the two panos. I would also appreciate any other remarks that should be drawn to my attention.
Many thanks
Bob
1 Three Image Pano
UntitledPanorama1-L.jpg
2 Two Image Pano
UntitledPanorama2-L.jpg
26052-L.jpg
26053-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,459 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2012
    I see nothing wrong with your processing, even the sky. My critique would be the composition. I would have moved closer to the water to capture the reflection of the trees. The foreground as it is is kind of boring.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2012
    I see nothing wrong with your processing, even the sky. My critique would be the composition. I would have moved closer to the water to capture the reflection of the trees. The foreground as it is is kind of boring.

Mmmm now that you pointed the foreground out Mike. I would agree it is a bit boring. I now wish I had got nearer and used my 10-22 wide angle lens instead to the 24-105.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,459 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2012
    canon400d wrote: »
    Mmmm now that you pointed the foreground out Mike. I would agree it is a bit boring. I now wish I had got nearer and used my 10-22 wide angle lens instead to the 24-105.
    Cheers
    Bob

I would use your 24-105 and focus on the trees and the reflection of the trees. Don't worry about the sky, unless the sky warrants it (clouds, colors etc). This is what I did here: Morning Light Through the Trees. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2012
    I would use your 24-105 and focus on the trees and the reflection of the trees. Don't worry about the sky, unless the sky warrants it (clouds, colors etc). This is what I did here: Morning Light Through the Trees. mwink.gif

Thanks Mike I will do that the next time I visit. I have looked at your work and I see what you mean your shots are incredible. Well done.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2012
    Hi Bob, some more nice shots of the Lake District :D - but I agree with Mike - the foreground in shadow in the first two does not add to the shot. I had to check the internet to see that it was the Langdale Pikes in the background and saw this shot - a pano including the trees on the left would be stunning - next time :D

http://www.visitcumbria.com/amb/blea-tarn.htm

Cheers, Richard.
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2012
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi Bob, some more nice shots of the Lake District :D - but I agree with Mike - the foreground in shadow in the first two does not add to the shot. I had to check the internet to see that it was the Langdale Pikes in the background and saw this shot - a pano including the trees on the left would be stunning - next time :D

http://www.visitcumbria.com/amb/blea-tarn.htm

Cheers, Richard.

Thanks Richard for replying. The next time I will go to the bottom end of the tarn and take the shot including the Langdale Pikes and hopefully including some reflections of the trees on the left.
    Cheers
    Bob