Getting some air!

prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited November 23, 2005 in Sports
I made a new friend who's into biking and he asked me if I would get some shots of him. I was really impressed with what he could do. I've never shot this sport before so i wasn't sure of the angles i should shoot for, but i think i got a couple good ones...

start small...
vance21pv.jpg

then get bigger...
vance14eg.jpg

workin up the courage for the big finally...
vance8da.jpg

He ended up breaking his peddle on the flat landing...
vance37bo.jpg

Comments please!!!!! thanks for looking!

Comments

• DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    That guy's insane. I gotta start doing insane stuff, it looks freakin' awesome. You manage to get awesome shots kasey! Hey you're gonna have to get pics of me rock climbing and snowboarding. :)
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2005
    Awesome photos, I shoot bmx all the time and for your first time thats good. Only a couple of pointers on the 2nd and 4th shot, try to capture what they are launching off, like in the 2nd one im guessing its a quarter pipe so try to capture the ramp it self and the rider, the timing is great though. And the thrid on is great, thats a really crazy fence hop out of a bowl, craziness. The only thing i would have done is move a little back to show more of whats going on because the trick it self deserves to be shown how crazy it really is, other then that the photos are amazing for your first time shooting mtn biking in a skatepark. clap.gif
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2005
    that was a delimma i had, i wanted to have the rider big in the photo but then still show the surroundings...it's too bad he broke his bike so i can't try it again, maybe in spring. thanks for the pointers!
  • MTN-FreeriderMTN-Freerider Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    I really like the last shot.

As my handle might imply, I'm into the exact same thing.

As a rider, It's kind of hard for me to wrap my head around the stunt itself. He looks like he's somewhere between 7'-10' high and fixing to make a flat landing... on a hard tail... with no helmet. Man, he's lucky all he did was snap off his peddle.
  • prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    I really like the last shot.

As my handle might imply, I'm into the exact same thing.

As a rider, It's kind of hard for me to wrap my head around the stunt itself. He looks like he's somewhere between 7'-10' high and fixing to make a flat landing... on a hard tail... with no helmet. Man, he's lucky all he did was snap off his peddle.
    he did it a couple of times too, he did crash once, but it wasn't too bad of a spill. he thought he could stop peddling and just clear it but he clipped the back tire ont he fence and did a face plant, it's too bad i didn't get any shots of that, i was too concerned for his health. yea he's pretty crazy!