Options

Storm Over Taro Fields, Kauai

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited June 18, 2012 in Landscapes
Feedback welcome.

7382443090_0a0926a79c_b.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    skippy77skippy77 Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2012
    wow that is cool
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2012
    Thanks Skippy. I certainly thought it was cool. Looks awesome large. It was quite a tough shot to meter; the exposure was all over the place. So... it may not be great but I'm pretty proud of how it turned. BTW, this is two exposure manually blended in CS5. Even though I used GND filters to take the shots, the contrast between the sky, foreground and shadows in the mountains, was just too much for my limited skill to grab in one shot.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2012
    My only feedback is that I wish I were there! :) I can imagine how tough a shot this would be - even to my untrained eye. I think it is great....love the skies with all that drama. there is so much going on in this photo. what kind of field?
  • Options
    kscooperkscooper Registered Users Posts: 387 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2012
    That is simply terrific. You did a great job holding the whites in that mottled sky. Your blend was likely the only way to account for the bright, dark and then medium tones top to bottom.

Eric

good gear; not enough time
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2012
    Thanks guys. I'm glad you guys enjoy the shot.

Eia... they are taro fields. It's a type of tuber that is grown on the Hawaiian islands. Those are actually large ponds where the plant grows. It's a staple in the Hawaiian diet. It's made into a paste like food. It's not very tasteful. Actually kind of bland. It's meant to be served as a filler, much like rice.

My Smug Site