Man sitting on pavement.

jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
edited June 18, 2012 in Street and Documentary
This image was taken during my one-day solo photo-walk in Quiapo, Manila.

I was standing near the entrance of the Quiapo church looking, waiting for something interesting to happen or to notice that I can capture with my camera. I saw a couple of kids sharing a piece of food and I took some shots. After a couple of minutes waiting, this man walked in front of the church, looked around, and then, for some reason, sat on the pavement and just stare at the people passing him by. He sat there for about a minute or two and then stood up, and he was gone in the same way that he came. . . just like that. When I took this picture I was about 8 -10 feet away from him and did not even bother to look at me or at my camera.

7377107202_0664275139_b.jpg

Thank you very much for viewing.

Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens, ISO 200, f/4.5 at 1/60
Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/

Comments

• PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2012
    Nice shot. Simple title lets the viewer wonder what he is doing or thinking. Your comments add to the mystery and fun. Pedestrians in back ignoring are good too, especially girl on left with phone oblivious to world around her--and him to her.

Your processing is excellent also. Good solid blacks and clean whites with strong contrast but not blocked up or hard looking. Very sharp focus on subject with just the right amount of OOF in background folks so they are distinguishable but not distracting.

Very nice work....thumb.gif
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2012
    Nice shot. Simple title lets the viewer wonder what he is doing or thinking. Your comments add to the mystery and fun. Pedestrians in back ignoring are good too, especially girl on left with phone oblivious to world around her--and him to her.

Your processing is excellent also. Good solid blacks and clean whites with strong contrast but not blocked up or hard looking. Very sharp focus on subject with just the right amount of OOF in background folks so they are distinguishable but not distracting.

Very nice work....thumb.gif

Thank you very much for appreciating this, Photogbiker. thumb.gif:D

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2012
    Great expression on his face too!
    edited June 18, 2012
    Juano wrote: »
    Great expression on his face too!

Thank you very much, Juano. thumb.gif:D

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2012
    jiro wrote: »
    This image was taken during my one-day solo photo-walk in Quiapo, Manila.

When I took this picture I was about 8 -10 feet away from him and did not even bother to look at me or at my camera.

7377107202_0664275139_b.jpg

Thank you very much for viewing.

Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens, ISO 200, f/4.5 at 1/60

Look carefully, Jiro - he is looking you right in the eye. And he is not pleased.:uhoh
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
    edited June 18, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Look carefully, Jiro - he is looking you right in the eye. And he is not pleased.:uhoh

I had this little smile on my face when I saw your comment, bdcolen. Though the guy can be considered impoverished, I have to say that he is harmless and is not a threat to anyone. If you would look closely in his eyes, he is looking a little bit higher than my vantage point. My wild guess is that there is somebody walking right past behind me and that is where he is looking. Thank you very much for taking a look at my images. I appreciate it a lot. thumb.gif:D