Options

Can't find FaceBook link

PainterskipPainterskip Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited June 17, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi

I've been reading up here in the forum on the various 'workarounds' for offering free downloads. So I thought that maybe I could set up a gallery that only showed the smallest version of the photos, I would allow right clicks and promote sharing on FaceBook. Of course I would have the dance studio's name as well as my name watermarked on an edge somewhere.

The problem is that no matter what I tried, I can't get the FaceBook icon to show up. Thinking about it now, I only checked my results by clicking on the link to see how the gallery looked to everyone else. I didn't log out and try...

Anyway...any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Skip

Comments

• Options
    WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2012
    Hi Skip,

Could you give us a link to the gallery, or email us at the help desk with a link to the gallery? If you have the Share button removed in your Gallery Settings, the option to share to Facebook will also be removed.

Wendee
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2012
    The link below goes to my "Dance" gallery page and the gallery I want to do this with is at the bottom. It's called "Dance Artistry Recital Photos to Share".

I don't think that I have the share button removed. "EasySharing" is clicked to on, right click protect is disabled, etc. I tried all sorts of combinations. Changed both the theme and appearance back to SmugMug default...still nothing.
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2012
    Solved....sort of.

OK...I figured out that since the gallery is password protected, it won't allow the FaceBook buttons to show up. I guess this makes sense. I'd much rather be given the option because in this case, I would be giving the people I've photographed the option of sharing the smaller sized images on FaceBook.

On to Plan C I guess:-)