Options

Opinion on linking to a FaceBook page

PainterskipPainterskip Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited June 17, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've been busy reading all the help pages and was having problems finding the FaceBook button (see my previous post). So one of the suggestions in the SmugMug help pages regarding marketing yourself is to create a FaceBook page about your work. I already have one of those about my mural work.

My question is this....

At this point, most of my photos are of dance competitions, since my daughter dances and I'm involved. So this year I took the studio photos and also shot the rehearsal and recital. These are kids.
Any opinions on whether it's appropriate to post samples of those photos on my FaceBook page? I was hired by the dance studio and they have in their own contract that they can use any photos that are taken. But that's not me....
Seems kinda complicated.

Comments

• Options
    WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2012
    Hi Skip,

You'll want to confirm with the dance studio and parents, to see what they're comfortable with. Caution should always be used when posting photos of kids online, being a parent of one of the dancers yourself you're probably aware of that. :)

Wendee
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    PainterskipPainterskip Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited June 17, 2012
    Yes, I am. All my galleries here are password protected because the ARE kids. At the moment, I'm thinking it may not be the best idea. Except to have the dance studio post images on their page...that might work.