Options

Sensor cleaning... ugh. try try again

chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
edited November 15, 2005 in Cameras
if i'm looking at the photo (see figure below) and the evil dust particle (whom i'll name as chet for now) is in the bottom left corner would that be the top right corner?

62092194_4803b035e8.jpg
---
Chris
Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
Canon 10D | 20D | 5D

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,216 moderator
    edited November 15, 2005
    chrisjlee wrote:
    if i'm looking at the photo (see figure below) and the evil dust particle (whom i'll name as chet for now) is in the bottom left corner would that be the top right corner?
    Correct. It is totally reversed - up is down, left is right - just as in the film camera counterparts.

It could take many tries with a blower to get those dust bunnies loose.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,915 moderator
    edited November 15, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    Correct. It is totally reversed - up is down, left is right - just as in the film camera counterparts.

Chris and David,

I believe it is totally reversed if you could see through the back, like with a view camera. In this case, since we look at the "front" side of the imager to clean it, I believe that left-right is the same and that top-bottom is inverted.

In any case, I find that a small LED flashlight is the best tool to let me see the particles on the imager.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,216 moderator
    edited November 15, 2005
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Chris and David,

I believe it is totally reversed if you could see through the back, like with a view camera. In this case, since we look at the "front" side of the imager to clean it, I believe that left-right is the same and that top-bottom is inverted.

In any case, I find that a small LED flashlight is the best tool to let me see the particles on the imager.

ziggy53
    Errr... OK, most probably - now that I think about it some more.

I must not have paid attention that day in school. You could be right, zig. I'm doing a test right now, standing on my head, and holding my right leg a little higher and shooting the result with my old film camera. Will develop it someday and I'll get back to this thread.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    Errr... OK, most probably - now that I think about it some more.

I must not have paid attention that day in school. You could be right, zig. I'm doing a test right now, standing on my head, and holding my right leg a little higher and shooting the result with my old film camera. Will develop it someday and I'll get back to this thread.
    Good thing we have someone willing to test these things out:D