Options

Mulit-Gallery Packages Made Easier?

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited June 19, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
SO I have an event with 3 galleries that I want to allow the clients to build their own packages from the 3 galleries.

How can they make a package fro their favorites gallery?

Right now the go to one of the 3 galleries select BUY>photo package> they select a package>CONTINUE>drag and drop>.......

From here I am going to loose customers from the >"change gallery">choose category>Your photoshoto> then they pick the gallery they want and repeat the process....

This is too much for the average parent....

Is there a simpler way to do this?

thanks in advance

http://www.penosoimages.com/event/MLYNA-2012-Recital

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2012
    If you restrict your packages to certain galleries, there's no easy way to do this. If your packages were available on all galleries, customers could just go to their event favorite gallery and use the buy package option.

With packages restricted to certain galleries, you would have to include each customer's favorite gallery into the package before they would be able to order that package from within their favorite gallery. So that would mean a customer would have to pick their favorites for the favorite gallery to get created and only then you could add that gallery to the package.

I'm sorry, but I'm not aware of an easier way to handle that with packages restricted to certain galleries.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2012
    Ah, OK!!!

So I did change everything to PUBLIC GALLERies, and I created a favorites gallery and populated it with a few to create a package, but the package option did not appear as a choice. Each parent gallery had the package options set up. Maybe there was a delay before everything updates.

I will try again now.... BUT

If I password protected the galleries of interest then ONLY those galleries would be available to choose from as in this blurb:

"if you want to limit their choices to their Unlisted proof gallery, that's your call. When you add protected galleries to your package, your customers will still need to enter the password to pick photos from it."

I had this wired last year, but I think it was all PW protected.
    If you restrict your packages to certain galleries, there's no easy way to do this. If your packages were available on all galleries, customers could just go to their event favorite gallery and use the buy package option.

With packages restricted to certain galleries, you would have to include each customer's favorite gallery into the package before they would be able to order that package from within their favorite gallery. So that would mean a customer would have to pick their favorites for the favorite gallery to get created and only then you could add that gallery to the package.

I'm sorry, but I'm not aware of an easier way to handle that with packages restricted to certain galleries.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2012
    So I password protected the event, now the thumbnail is gone on the homepage.

Now, only the restricted galleries associated with the pages appear as a choice.

Unfortunately, any favorite galleries I create will not have the package option.

I just hate to explain stuff to clients who are not very computer savvy or have the patience to crawl through hoops. Maybe I should eliminate the favorites gallery option altogether.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2012
    Remember that favorite galleries are by default unlisted. So you would need to change the package to "all galleries", not all public galleries. Then it should work.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2012
    Remember that favorite galleries are by default unlisted. So you would need to change the package to "all galleries", not all public galleries. Then it should work.

So it will be either or and I can't have both.
    Last night I changed everything to ALL galleries and when they click "change" galleries- they had to wade through ALL my galleries.......

So now they can see 3 event galleries and make a package from that but they cannot create a favorites and choose a package from there . BUMMER.

This thing would be perfect if they developed that and I am sure other photographers need this developed!!

thanks for your responses.

vincent
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2012
    Vincent,

That's not what I see. I've set my package to "all galleries" and in the event favorites screen as a visitor, I can select photos as favorites. and then go to the favorite gallery to create a package from the photos in the favorite gallery. To my understanding that's what you're looking for.

Accessing my favorite gallery, I choose the package option and here's what I see:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/283274/sc4/20120619154348-01439x4815243.jpg
    Those are photos from two different galleries showing in the package builder.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2012
    Vincent,

That's not what I see. I've set my package to "all galleries" and in the event favorites screen as a visitor, I can select photos as favorites. and then go to the favorite gallery to create a package from the photos in the favorite gallery. To my understanding that's what you're looking for.

Accessing my favorite gallery, I choose the package option and here's what I see:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/283274/sc4/20120619154348-01439x4815243.jpg
    Those are photos from two different galleries showing in the package builder.

Do your packages apply to all your galleries?
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2012
    Yes, that's the only way you can make it work with event favorites without having to manually add the favorite gallery of *each* customer after the customer selected their favorites.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2012
    Yes, that's the only way you can make it work with event favorites without having to manually add the favorite gallery of *each* customer after the customer selected their favorites.

thank you.