High key.....thoughts please!

rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
edited June 21, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Came back from vacation at three in the morning and had to head straight to work. But today, instead of working on any of the photos I took for the challenge, I did baby photos of my 9 mo GD....

Layla was waving around and moving her hands, and I caught this...I KNOW he other grandma will love it, I and I think it may be the thing for the challenge...

2012-06-June-LAYLA-49-M.jpg

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Trish

Comments

• rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2012
    Whoops, thought I added the color too....
    untitled-15-of-1-M.jpg
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2012
    Absolutely gorgeous shot! On my monitor, the colors don't look right. The b/w seems too blue & the color seems too orange. But the composition, lighting & capture are wonderful! I do like the soft white vignette on the b/w version.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
    edited June 19, 2012
    Thanks! Hmmm, the colors that I am getting here are slightly yellowed grey for the BW and a very creamy peach background on the color, possibly a bit bright, but Layla's lips are close to rose/with a hint of a sepia?....I didn't vignette the color, that would be an easy fix...

I am interested to know if others see the colors as 'off'...
    Thanks!
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2012
    I agree the color on the second one is way to orange looking. I love the look and feel of the first, so soft looking. The color on that one is ok to me, but I am not the best judge of that this early in the morning. My eyes aren't functioning yet. :)
    edited June 19, 2012
    Ok, I've desaturated and vignetted this one....

2012-06-June-LAYLA-49-M.jpg
  • cromwellcromwell Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2012
    I like the first one the best and for the challenge there's no question the first is the best. Very nice shot.
    My Smugmug
    Scott Cromwell
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2012
    I agree with cromwell....I love the first one.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2012
    This is definitely what I think about when I hear high-key. Very nice shot, I like #1 and #3, with probably #1 being best.