Options

How to make a transparency to be used as a Print Mark in PS CS2

Island GirlIsland Girl Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited June 25, 2012 in Finishing School
Good morning all,

I have been on SM for a couple of years now, but am just now taking the plunge to try to sell some of my photos. I want to be able to make a Print Mark for photos that I upload but am having some trouble getting that task completed. Once I get this figured out I will need to also know how to make a watermark.

I have PhotoShop CS2 ...I have tried to follow the instructions for making a tranparency that you have posted on SM ... I can make a new file and see the option of transparency but when I try to enter text nothing happens. Can you point me to a tutorial that will help or tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks so much. ~ Kim, AKA 'Island Girl'

Comments

• Options
    Merlin_AZMerlin_AZ Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2012
    (I'm doing this from memory, I don't have a system with Photoshop here at work)
    Create a new document (file - new) with the size and resolution you want, and choose transparent in the drop down list for the background.
    Create whatever you want for the graphic or watermark.
    Save the file as a .png so it saves with the transparency intact.
  • Options
    Island GirlIsland Girl Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 25, 2012
    printmark
    thanks Merlin...with your help I have now figured it out...you were very helpful...thanks so much...now on to other things in the header...