Toast!
7401943032_173d40fe35_h.jpg

Just Getting Back
7401958472_cf69650357_h.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2012
    Very Cool. Great stuff from a difficult position.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2012
    outstanding..am I mistekn or is ther esome HDRish effect on these?
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    SCHMEGGASCHMEGGA Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2012
    Yes, there is a little tonal contrast to them.
  • Options
    zSCOTTzzSCOTTz Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2012
    These are nice, cool perspective, I know they say to get on the field to do sports, and they would probably rip these apart on Fred Miranda's sports forum, but these are awesome, nice to see something different and outside the box.
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2012
    Would love to get on the field and do a bunch of shots. Maybe Fred can get me a press pass, since that is the only way to shoot sports?
  • Options
    zSCOTTzzSCOTTz Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2012
    lol, its not Fred, just a bunch of professionals on there that think there is only one way to shoot sports and there can be no other way. Its kinda comical wathcing them cry all the time about the DWC's, and MWC's ruining everything for them. I guess they have limited skills to one certain profession and cant figure out how to make a living another way. Kind of like their shoooting, blinders on, and only one way is acceptable to shoot sports.
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2012
    Reminds me of the big fiasco with the Florida State shooters when Scott Kelby had that contest and they all threw a fit over letting some "amateur" on the sidelines. Said he was tainting their profession. I shoot A LOT of sports since I have 2 VERY active kids, but I enjoying shooting everything from portraits to wildlife to artsy stuff, and I would say that if u gave me a 400 2.8, a monopod, and a sideline pass I could get some decent shots to rival some of those guys. But give me a studio and a full-on lighting setup and I wouldn't even be able to come close to the results Kelby or Jarvis could put up.
  • Options
    JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2012
    Love these shots and what you have done with the tone. I have to say though I am kind of bothered by the white streak down the middle of #2. Dis you dodge that area?
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2012
    Nope, no dodging. The way the lights are at Rangers Stadium when the sun is setting it cast a 2 part shadow like that on the field. There is a space between the upper seating and the lights. That is where the white streak came from.
  • Options
    jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2012
    Very nice indeed!! I would say that you did the most with what you had, but that would insult the distinct and creatively unique quality to these shots. Sure, if you had a press pass and a 400/2.8, you could probably get some shots like everyone else does--big deal! These are really nice and interesting on their own merits!
  • Options
    jmp2204jmp2204 Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2012
    SCHMEGGA wrote: »
    Reminds me of the big fiasco with the Florida State shooters when Scott Kelby had that contest and they all threw a fit over letting some "amateur" on the sidelines. Said he was tainting their profession. I shoot A LOT of sports since I have 2 VERY active kids, but I enjoying shooting everything from portraits to wildlife to artsy stuff, and I would say that if u gave me a 400 2.8, a monopod, and a sideline pass I could get some decent shots to rival some of those guys. But give me a studio and a full-on lighting setup and I wouldn't even be able to come close to the results Kelby or Jarvis could put up.
    clap.gif

funny you say that , at a hockey tourney this year for my sons team i was shooting from the nbench there.There was a pro shooting an selling her photos , of course i went to talk to her and look at her gear and drol over her 1D mk iv and 300L 2.8 . Later that day she was in the penalty box next to me shooting and said give me you SD card, then says here you have 5 minutes , just like a 16 year with a lambo for the weekend was.yes i got some wall hangers for sure . (and bought some of hers just because) but i would have used her 70-200 l if i was her and cropped if need be .Anyway the gear and access can make you way better for sure