Options

Sunset portrait at the lake

GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
edited June 22, 2012 in People
Here is one from yesterdays portrait. she was a senior a couple of years ago. :)

MG4212-web-rays.jpg

I thought I would try a light ray effect out. im not sure if I like it, so I thought I would get some feedback on here before she sees it. :)

for some reason the picture doesnt look the best after I uploaded it to smugmug, its pixelated compared to the original file that was uploaded.

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2012
    when yu upload pics..it does compression. best to hot link it from a real host. As far as the effect..it's very fake looking and doesn't do thing for me
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2012
    smugmug is a real host and this is on the pro account. This is the first time ive noticed smugmug do some sort of compression.

I ended up skipping the effect. :)

Here are a few shots from this free session:

this first one is the reason I scheduled this portrait, I loved the look and wanted to try it out. When ever I tried to do it during a regular portrait session the girls thought the water was to cold or to dirty, which it was to dirty. :)

MG4228-blog.jpg

And while I was there, I didnt want to waste a chance to get some new shots, so this ended up being a 1.5 hour session.

MG4259-blog.jpg

MG4212-blog.jpg

and finally

MG4139-blog.jpg
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2012
    ahhh..sorry I thought you meant you uploaded to dgrin.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2012
    The eyes coming out of the water shot is a real winner. And I definitely prefer the second version of your sunset shot without the fake rays of light. Good shoot.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2012
    For me the last one has the most potential, just need a little more head turn. Her light colored top keeps in concept with the high key water. Try upping the black point and maybe bringing the exposure down a bit. Seems a tad soft to me on my laptop.