My D4 has arrived!

HelvegrHelvegr Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited June 22, 2012 in Cameras
I ended up cancelling my Adorama order as a friend of a friend worked at a camera store out of state. They had a shorter waiting list, so I added my name. Sure enough a couple weeks later, its in my hand!

I was also very happy to see that it still included the extra 16GB XQD card, and reader. I had heard rumors that Nikon had stopped doing that. So after such a wait, it was a nice little surprise!

This is my first Nikon body, and my first pro body as well, so I'm in a whole new realm. I've got a short list of lenses to purchase, but had to start simple so I don't break the bank. My first Nikon lens is the 50mm 1.4G. Being under $500 it just seemed like a no brainer choice to start things going. Hopefully in the next couple of months, I'll add the 70-200mm 2.8 VR II.

One quick question for any Nikon users. I had heard or read somewhere that there was a quick way to set the image preview to be at 100% zoom. I'm curious how to do that. I've set it up now that I can adjust the zoom using the main control dial, but I don't know which level of zoom is 100%. I like the idea of being able to check focus quickly. Anybody know?

All for now!
Camera: Nikon D4
Lenses: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.4
Lighting: SB-910 | SU-800

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2012
    ask the wedding mod matt..that is one of his big things.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • HelvegrHelvegr Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2012
    Qarik wrote: »
    ask the wedding mod matt..that is one of his big things.

I dug around and found it. Its a custom setting I wasn't seeing before. What I really think is cool about it is that it just doesn't zoom the image into 100%, but actually seems to zoom in on the focus point the camera used. Pretty slick. Thanks!
    Camera: Nikon D4
    Lenses: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.4
    Lighting: SB-910 | SU-800
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,068 moderator
    edited June 22, 2012
    Congratulations on the new camera. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • WayupthereWayupthere Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2012
    Congrats on the new hardware! bowdown.gif
    I just bought some new hardware myself, in your backyard..Sammy's. They told me they would have all of their D4 backorders filled before the end of the month.

They are starting to really come in now :ivar
    Gary