#105 Options So Far

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited June 23, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Any thoughts on these would be appreciated! :)

1. Wildflowers
i-VLz5j22-L.jpg

2. Pure Lily
i-cLnbLgn-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2012
    They are both a little softer than I personally like. I could only see the exif for the second, is this right: 50mm lens, 1/1250 seconds and f/2? Did you intentionally want to make these images that soft with such a wide aperture? I like the background effects on 1, but the blownout sections are a bit distracting, and the dark accented flower doesn't seem crisp enough to me. The combination of softness and the vignette overlaying the subject in number 2 seems to de-accentuate the flower for me. I like the tones in the flower for the challenge, I think I'd rather see a sharper flower against a more evenly and brighter lit background instead of a vignette over both the background and the petals.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2012
    3. More Lily
    i-N56LGJs-L.jpg
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    edited June 23, 2012
    4. Sunny Side Up
    i-KvNf9kc-L.jpg
    edited June 23, 2012
    1. Sunny Side Up version 2

i-WXFL6Ps-L.jpg