Options

Very little kittens

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited August 22, 2004 in Wildlife
My daughters cat gave birth to 3 kittens on Saturday, there wasn't much light. Tried iso 400 so there's lots of noise and they're handheld, but they are still so cute!
6833868-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2, 2004
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2004
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    6833873-M.jpg

EEEEEEEEEK I love this one...oh oh.. how lovely... could'nt bear to delete it on reply...iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2004
    Thanks Lynn,
    I know the pics aren't great but the kittens are lovely, I'll use the tripod & try to do some better ones over the next few days
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2004
    Please Gubbs..show some more of them! My favorite is the last one. I used to have a cat just like that.. With the little one so close to her; very cute! Your daughter is a 'mum' now as well i guess? :D
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2004
    This looks like a great project. I don't think a tripod is the ticket here. I'd try fast shutter and stop down to get more DOF. That implies high ISO or lots of light, I know. But I think the tripod won't really help here. There is movement in the mother cat and kittens.

And I know I'm a broken record on this topic, but don't go to B&W so quickly. Let us see the color, just so we know if for no other reason.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2004
    Cuuuute!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    This looks like a great project. I don't think a tripod is the ticket here. I'd try fast shutter and stop down to get more DOF. That implies high ISO or lots of light, I know. But I think the tripod won't really help here. There is movement in the mother cat and kittens.

And I know I'm a broken record on this topic, but don't go to B&W so quickly. Let us see the color, just so we know if for no other reason.
    Couldn't get lots of light, we thought we shouldn't disturb them to much as they were only a day old, but will probably be able to move them to a lighter spot soon. Tried iso 400 but was still getting shutter speeds of over a second and the noise was pretty bad. The duotone was to try and disguise the noise but I'll put up the originals when I get home tonight, and hopelly pop round and take a few more.
    Thanks for the help and comments
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2004
    3 weeks on
    They are just beggining to play now, they live under my grandson's cot at the moment, so not ideal for pictures
    7593079-L.jpg

7593076-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2004
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2004
    gubbs wrote:

OOOOOOOOOwwwww.. very little little kittens...so precious! I want one!:cry just looks at his little paw OOOOOOOhhhhhhhiloveyou.gif