another one
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2012
    Two good captures Chris.

Welcome to the Wildlife Forum. wave.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2012
    1st one is a wild one. Process looks pretty cool. 2nd guy looks a bit out of focus. But he is bad ass. Look at that ridge down his back. Like a little green dragon. I love these guys. Makes me remember being a kid at grandmas house in florida. I chased these things around every summer and always fly a batch of them home with me in my carry on. I had a few of them that lived a couple years. I still can't resist trying to catch em when I am on vacation in warm climates.
  • Options
    Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2012
    Great captures David, well done man thumb.gif
    "Nothing sharpens sight like envy."
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.
  • Options
    ChrisGanzChrisGanz Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited June 26, 2012
    Zerodog wrote: »
    1st one is a wild one. Process looks pretty cool. 2nd guy looks a bit out of focus. But he is bad ass. Look at that ridge down his back. Like a little green dragon. I love these guys. Makes me remember being a kid at grandmas house in florida. I chased these things around every summer and always fly a batch of them home with me in my carry on. I had a few of them that lived a couple years. I still can't resist trying to catch em when I am on vacation in warm climates.

I'm going to med school in St. Kitts (an hour away from puerto rico) right now and took these in the back yard. I used to catch the ones in florida, too, at my grandma's. They were easy. The ones here are big and fast as hell and spook too easily. I've only managed to catch a gecko at night. I'm still trying to get the hang of my dad's sigma 50-500 on my nikon d5000. i've got a tripod and a wireless remote but i can't seem to get them sharp enough. this was probably 20 feet away.