CC 105: High Key?

bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 805 Major grins
edited June 25, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm not 100% sure I have the high key concept down. Also, I don't have a lighting setup, or studio backgrounds, or anything like that. Still, I decided to give this challenge a try using a white blanket as background. For lighting, I used my sunroom after the sun was high enough to not shine directly in the windows. I hoped that the natural light coming in from all sides, reflecting off the light walls would would give me bright indirect lighting. It was moderately successful as there are no highlights or deep shadows on my victims, er, somewhat willing subjects. Unfortunately the blanket photographed gray, even when I overexposed up to 1 stop (with the white cat). I had to do a lot of dodging to get the background white.

Do any of these come even close to meeting the theme of the challenge?

looking-up-2-L.jpg

Shadow-4-L.jpg

Skitz-7-L.jpg

Skitz-2-vignette-bw-L.jpg

Comments or suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
~~Barbara

Comments

• kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2012
    I think they all do, Barbara, and I think I like #1 the best. Nice shooting and good luck!

Kara
  • cromwellcromwell Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2012
    Word for word what Kara said.
    My Smugmug
    Scott Cromwell
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    I like #4. Cute kitty.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 805 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    Thanks for the comments. Now I just have to decide on one to enter. I'm leaning toward the black and white.
    ~~Barbara
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    I like #4 best.